Buying Digital Camera From Refurb Website?

persianpower

buying digital camera from refurb website?

I'm buying a digital camera online. I'm looking for the best bang for the buck. Right now, I'm looking at a cool site called epinions dot com

On this site, I search for price range, model, and compare cameras and find the best prices online (with shipping included) and have them delivered to my door.

My best search brought up a Canon Powershot A520 on a site called Refurbdepot dot com (forwarded site from epinions dot com) for only 100USD - that's for a new camera

link to camera here

http://www.refurbdepot.com/productdetails2...ererid=dealtime

My question is this:

Is buying a a refurbished/remanufactured digital camera from the web a good idea if the price is considerably cheaper than in-store or other online deals?

If you don't know about refurbs you can learn about them on the site. I'd like to know people's experiences in buying refurbed digital cameras online

I mean the Canon Powershot A52 is supposed to be the best value vs. price at around only 100USD. How can I not buy it?

note: I used epinions dot com, is there another site (similar in focus) that'll help me track down the best online deals?

thanks!

Personally I would not risk buying a second hand camera. We had an Epson many years ago which was dropped and afterwards, the camera worked fine except for a slight greenish tint to photos taken. The cost of digital cameras is so low new now, I would hardly think it was worth buying a refurbished one.

As far as colour and quality is concerned, Canon is leading the way in digital camera technology. I have been disappointed with Fuji cameras, and Kodak/Casio cameras do not have an exceptionally good reputation.