Ruamchok Mall

Trujillo

This is next to Meechok Plaza, ie. Rimping Market and MacDonald's, among other shops.

The back side (which also has shops) borders the wet market of the same name.

While it's not a clone of Meechok, it certainly comes from the same template. That whole area there is undergoing redevelopment, with a large building going up at the other end of the plot near the access to the Ring Road.

I don't know if this will be a success, but it appears they will have an escalator!

I sure hope someone opens a cool watering hole somewhere there. Some smooth music and a place where people could hang out. You have to go a long way from that intersection (Maejo Road and the Ring Road) to find a pub.

Unsubstantiated, but I heard that the cookie-cut units are renting for 16,000 baht, with three months up front.

post-165256-0-51640500-1453199820_thumb.

Meechok Plaza is a jewel of a shopping centre. I can park there and get all my shopping done. It has a Thai outdoor market, Rimping, McDonalds's, Subway along with many other affordable Thai, Asian and farang restaurants...all within walking distance. It's now being expanded. There's also a Lotus on the other side of the street.

I saw a farang there today dressed in suit & tie being shown around the premises by Asian businesspeople.

Meechok Plaza is a jewel of a shopping centre. I can park there and get all my shopping done. It has a Thai outdoor market, Rimping, McDonalds's, Subway along with many other affordable Thai, Asian and farang restaurants...all within walking distance. It's now being expanded. There's also a Lotus on the other side of the street.

I saw a farang there today dressed in suit & tie being shown around the premises by Asian businesspeople.

Wasn't me, I didn't do it.

>>I sure hope someone opens a cool watering hole somewhere there. Some smooth music and a place where people could hang out. You have to go a long way from that intersection (Maejo Road and the Ring Road) to find a pub.<<

Don't expect a watering hole in a shopping centre.

If you are a bit known in the Sansai Noi area/Laguna moo baans, not that far from Mee Chock crossing, you will find alot of watering holes.

1) Bamboo Bar, owner Jules, accross the 7/11. English

2) Mum's place near Wat Sang Kayom. All languages

3) Secret Garden on road from Talaad Sansai towards road 121. Australian

4) Just after the traffic lights at the 121 and forementioned road there is Tony's Bar. Australian

5) Sabai Bar close to Bamboo Bar. Mia farang, all languages

6)....Thai many

7)....Thai farang not that many

Edit: I might have forgotten some places for sure, forgive me.

Edited by hugocnx

My pharmacist told me he had to pay for 3 years up front. Prices sky rocketing? Hope not, my life depends on him 555.

So for a watering hole with actually low profit margins, on beer at least, the rents up there are to high and what fun would it be to sit there in the evening.

There will be a Tops supermarket,so that will give a wider choice

and maybe a bit competition for RimPing,what is really needed is

a proper Post Office,thats about all that is missing from this area.

regards Worgeordie

There will be a Tops supermarket,so that will give a wider choice

and maybe a bit competition for RimPing,what is really needed is

a proper Post Office,thats about all that is missing from this area.

regards Worgeordie

agreed, a post office would be ideal. the Sansai branch is filled with on-line sellers now and is under-staffed. wait times can be up to 45 minutes at times. getting over to the Kamthieng branch and back what with the highway construction and the loads on on-line sellers there, now takes 90 minutes.

There is a small, walk-in post office just around the corner from Central Festival on the road to Doi Saket -- about 300-400 meters from the intersection of Central Festival, next to the only 7-Eleven on that stretch of road. It usually has one or two customers if any.

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@18.8067205,99.0222332,3a,75y,8.81h,78.44t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sAgqRgOesY-jnH3VZqE627g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656!6m1!1e1