Official scolds former park chief for latest encroachment claims

snoop1130

Official scolds former park chief for latest encroachment claims
Phuket Gazette

post-249866-0-43976100-1453206774_thumb.

PHUKET: -- Paiboon Koomchaya, chair of the national state land boundary enhancement committee, has called for evidence of ongoing boundary adjustment at Sirinath National Park from former national parks chief Damrong Phidet, who claimed that changes are being made for the benefit ofrich land encroachers.

Mr Paiboon, who is also Justice minister, rebuked Mr Damrong for speaking to the press on the matter without giving him the evidence first.

Mr Paiboon said that if he found any wrongdoing in relation to this, he would take action against the concerned officials himself.

Full Story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Official-scolds-former-park-chief-latest-encroachment/62923?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-19

Imagine being called the justice minister of this nation? We all know his job description. I prosecute who the masters want me to prosecute, and I make it a point to not go after real criminals, if they are wealthy, powerful or connected. Justice Minister? Can you say that with a straight face, Mr. Koomchaya?

Some properties are worth billions of baht, prompting strong resistance from the owners, who decided to take their case to court and opt for lengthy legal procedures rather than give up their plots.

What's the end game? Are they going to make the owners of these illegal resorts and residences tear down their buildings and restore the park?

Very unlikely, I would think.

'Mr Paiboon, who is also Justice minister, rebuked Mr Damrong for speaking to the press on the matter without giving him the evidence first.'

The evidence already should have reached trough many different channels, including international agencies who refer to public accessible

satellite images. ( one thing Google did well )