Triple Entry Visa. 30 Days?

Hi,

I got a tourist triple entry visa in Penang in August and is valid until Feb 2007.

I'm from Mexico and because of that I couldn't get the 30 days (for free) stamp as all Europe countries, USA, Canada or Australia, I had to get the thai visa in a consulate or Embassy and paid 1000 baht per entry. This type of visa was always valid for 60 days and could be extended by an additional 30 days once in Thailand, for 1900 baht. Yesterday night I returned from a trip and got a second stamp for this triple entry visa, except this time the stamp is only valid for 30 days. The customs official was unable to explain why this was the case.

Is it possible to extend the visa once these 30 days are up? Does the same rule apply to this kind of visa (i.e. Can only stay in Thailand 90 days out of every 180)?

Thanks!

Jenny

Hi,

Yesterday night I returned from a trip and got a second stamp for this triple entry visa, except this time the stamp is only valid for 30 days. The customs official was unable to explain why this was the case.

Jenny

Did the Officer write the number '2' on the visa and circle it?

PS. Sorry for the delay in replying, I could not find my sunglasses... :o

Hi,

Yesterday night I returned from a trip and got a second stamp for this triple entry visa, except this time the stamp is only valid for 30 days. The customs official was unable to explain why this was the case.

Jenny

Did the Officer write the number '2' on the visa and circle it?

PS. Sorry for the delay in replying, I could not find my sunglasses... :o

It sounds like they did not see the visa and just gave you a 30 day tourist stamp. You should have pointed to the visa and pointed to the other entry stamp and tried to get him to change it to 60 days are you are entitled under that visa.

did you write down your visa number on your arrival card, other than that i would thought you are bullsh1ting.

Strange thing to "bullsh1ting" about, perhaps it's a Mexican thing

I know 2 other people who have tourist visa's and were only given 30 days stay when they arrived then it's extendable at immigration 2 times. Immigration said after that they must stay out of Thailand for 90 days.

This is contry to the information we have received from immigration before. Possibly immigration are confused about the new rules, my friend's did receive tourist visa's when they already had stamps in their passports at consolutes.

It sounds like they did not see the visa atnd just gave you a 30 day tourist stamp. You should have pointed to the visa and pointed to the other entry stamp and tried to get him to change it to 60 days are you are entitled under that visa.

Yes we did, but the customs officials didn't speak enough english to explain or understand what we were saying, there were 4 of us, 2 went with a different official, and we got the same stamp.

i think you should head down to the imigration and ask them why didn't you get the full stay of 60days on the visa, they might change for you, maybe its just a minor mistake.

Thanks Maxx, I will do that ... and I'll ask a thai friend to come with me this time :o