The best steaks in Thailand?

PassionDelivery

while the 2 different steaks(striploin and rib eye) I bought from you were tasty they also had a lot of fat and sinew through them. For the price I paid it was disappointing and it may well only be some that are like this but all the meat should be of high quality and trimmed of the excess fat and sinew. Just using the feedback that praises it and not the ones that raised concerns also doesnt help, honesty is important when you run a business, while these buyers got good meat there are several that didnt. You want good custom then you need to ensure that the butchers trim it correcty and dont let the not so good bits to be put into the orders, if the quality is kept high you will get repeat purchases but after what I bought for christmas I will not buy again due entirely to the quality of the meat(this includes the pochetta). It is hard to find good steak but even Makro sells some cuts that are the same quality if not better then what you sent me, improvement is needed

You have to agree with this poster.

The meat photos posted show an excessive amount of marbling and fat throughout the meat.

This is not associated with good quality.

When you only post positive reviews and people come read negative reviews in the forum, it is evidence of trying to hide the true facts to make a buck.

All reviews should be posted and if there is an excessive amount of negative ones, provide customer service and fix the problems.

Your own photos are not evidence of your claims this is the best in Thailand.

When businesses distort the facts to make a profit and stay in business, that is just plain wrong.

Any PassionDelivery customer who has placed and had delivered a genuine order can leave product reviews. Once we verify the review is genuine it is published. We welcome this feedback as it helps us know what our customers think of our products and helps other customers know what to buy.

To give you an example, here are reviews of our Fisherman's Pie. You can see that some customers like it and some don't. We have no reason to hide any genuine review as we are trying to build up a community of customer feedback good or bad. A useful tool for everyone.

post-244103-0-86325700-1453628726_thumb.

Are any of the products you sell your own products or are you simply rebranding other companies products with your own labels?

If you are not in the cattle business yourselves, aren't you at the mercy of the quality of the products you are reselling?

What is the distribution time for US Beef?

How long is the meat in the vacuum packaging from the time it is cut/shipped until it arrives to the customer?

We have a mix of products that we produce or import ourselves and others that we source from our partners.

The distribution time for our US Certified Angus beef (incidentally around 25-30% cheaper than supermarkets) is just a few weeks maximum. We bring in whole pieces frozen and they stay perfectly stored in our cold room.

Each piece is only cut once we have to send them to the customers. So this means that the meat will be cut and vacuum sealed and sent to the customer all within a few days.

The remaining steaks that are cut from the whole piece are always sold within a couple of weeks (many of our customers want to buy this Angus beef at wholesale prices) so they are never left in the freezer for long.

Photos attached of the ribeye, striploin (some call this the NY striploin), and filet mignon (tenderloin).

Links for more info here:

US Certified Angus ribeye

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat/products/certified-u-s-angus-beef-rib-eye-285g

US Certified Angus striploin

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat/products/certified-u-s-angus-beef-striploin-285g

US Certified Angus filet mignon (tenderloin)

http://www.passiondelivery.com/collections/premium-imported-meat/products/certified-u-s-angus-beef-filet-mignon-230g-1

post-244103-0-00343700-1453629539_thumb.

post-244103-0-97379800-1453629541_thumb.

post-244103-0-33392100-1453629545_thumb.

post-244103-0-68154400-1453629548_thumb.

post-244103-0-01843400-1453629552_thumb.

post-244103-0-92632800-1453629554_thumb.

post-244103-0-83472100-1453629557_thumb.

It's time to let you all try our dry aged beef so you can decide for yourself how good it is.....

A special offer just for ThaiVisa customers, a FREE dry aged tenderloin!!

FREE premium dry aged tenderloin with every first time order (min order 2000 baht for Bangkok, 3000 baht nationwide).

Valid until 30th January 2016.

To claim this offer simply type TVTENDERLOIN inot the Notes box before checkout at www.passiondelivery.com.

post-244103-0-06539000-1453684908_thumb.

Are any of the products you sell your own products or are you simply rebranding other companies products with your own labels?

If you are not in the cattle business yourselves, aren't you at the mercy of the quality of the products you are reselling?

What is the distribution time for US Beef?

How long is the meat in the vacuum packaging from the time it is cut/shipped until it arrives to the customer?

Good questions.

One day i was looking at the Japanese steaks in Gourmet market while the sales started talking to me. I asked her when the meat had arrived in Thailand but they all couldn't find it. Then they showed me a big lump of meat which was still frozen. I asked if this was called fresh and they confirmed it.whistling.gif

Also i never believe meat from pictures, they always show a nice cut but you'll get another cut of course. Since i really hate chewinggum in my meat i stopped buying big steaks. There is great beef for sale in the better supermarkets but costs 5-10.000 baht a kg, i won't pay that price.

Also a striploin with 2cm thick fat at the edge is not a good steak imo, no matter how tender the red meat is.

Last month we ate in a restaurant from a certified chef, his certification of some french chef-school from Paris was hanging on the wall. My steak consisted for 50% of thick hard fat, even the Tesco has better steaks i guess.

So i gave up finding good beef in Thailand. No matter what certification or qualitylabels it has.

It's time to let you all try our dry aged beef so you can decide for yourself how good it is.....

FREE premium dry aged tenderloin with every first time order (min order 2000 baht for Bangkok, 3000 baht nationwide).

To claim this offer simply type TVTENDERLOIN inot the Notes box before checkout at www.passiondelivery.com.

Ow! Why are you punishing your previous/returning customers?

Edited by KhunG

Ow! Why are you punishing your previous/returning customers?

Good point. This offer is extended to ANY ThaiVisa customer whether a first time PassionDelivery customer or a previous / returning customer.

Now everyone can enjoy a FREE premium steak!