Visa Agents for Chaeng Wattana

It appears from what I've read here that there are agents in places like Chiang Mai and Pattaya that can apply for extensions of stay on one's behalf, so avoiding going to Immigration in person. Are there any such agents providing a similar service for Chaeng Wattana? Last time I applied for an extension there it took 8 hours (plus 3 hours travelling time), and I'd prefer not to have to go through a similar experience again.

Edited by AyG
  • Like 1

You can use an agent in Chiang Mai, but it won't save you from going to the Immigration office. All extensions have to be applied for in person, the exception (for obvious reasons) being medical extensions that can be arranged by some hospitals.

Sophon

This posted yesterday. Annual Extension for Retirement at Chaeng Wattana - No Surprises In and out in less than 3 hours including re-entry permits.

I saw that. It did involve being there at 7:45 which isn't much fun if you have a couple of hours drive to get there. Plus, if things had taken only slightly longer they would have been hit with the one hour wait whilst the staff have lunch.

It's a real pity they didn't reintroduce the appointment system after the floods.

I've done a half dozen retirement extension of stays at CW. I get there a little before its 8:30am opening (but my drive time to CW is around 1.5 hrs in the morning rush hour) and have always been out the door by around 10:30am....and that 2 hour time includes me going to the bank downstairs first to get the bank letter saying I have Bt800K in the bank. After getting the bank letter I'm usually walking in immigration's door at around 8:45am, get a queue ticket, and done/out the door around 10:30am. Last extension done in Sep 15. I don't pick any particular day of the week to go but I generally try to avoid Monday and Friday based on the crowd I've seen there many times on those days when doing my 90 day address reporting.

There is a Thai agent that takes your passport to CW for you to do the extension, regardless of the official rules on you needing to go in person. Costs 3k baht

It's Philip, same phone number as post #2 here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/520338-i-need-contact-details-for-companies-doing-border-runs/

(Googled him and that thread came up so I assume it doesn't break any rules to post that).

He's based in Phra Khanong.

There is a Thai agent that takes your passport to CW for you to do the extension, regardless of the official rules on you needing to go in person. Costs 3k baht

It's Philip, same phone number as post #2 here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/520338-i-need-contact-details-for-companies-doing-border-runs/

(Googled him and that thread came up so I assume it doesn't break any rules to post that).

He's based in Phra Khanong.

Topic from 2011. Phone number probably got overlooked. But the number might not still be valid.

I was under the impression that while you can have an agent handle the paperwork, the applicant still had to be present so that Immigration could take a photo. Or is that only for the original extension and subsequent extensions the applicant does not need to be present?

In the thread Annual Extension for Retirement at Chaeng Wattana - No Surprises the OP states that the IO took photos.

whistling.gif There is a special cubicle for those with medical disabilities in Chaeng Wattana.

There are lifts (elevators) so the place is wheelchair accessible.

They will allow an assistant to make the application for you but they require a doctor's certificate for some extreme cases.

You will need to be present for pictures if required, and for your signature on the application.

Other wise they will allow an assistant to push you through the process

it isn't totally hassle free, but they do at least attempt to make it as easy as possible for a disabled person.