Best ISP in Upper Sukhumvit (Ekamai to be specific)

rwdrwdrwd

We're moving to BKK for schools... got to look at Thai ISPs again..

Not moving to a condo so we can install anything we want, I'm trying to get info from people with experience in the area regarding the best option for quick reliable internet

International speed and latency are the primary concerns. Reliability is a must.

Doesn't need to be a cheap package, but don't want to be spending more than 5k a month either (and don't want to be spending 5k if the only benefit over a 1k package is increased Thai only bandwidth)

Can anybody suggest from experience which provider is likely to be best for the Ekamai area? CAT, True, 3BB, TOT, AIS or someone else?

Thanks in advance!

This is something you can't buy with 'money' in Thailand - Internet is as it is, sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Just look at all the cables in your soi and I think it is still a miracle we HAVE internet in Thailand :-)

<serious mode> Just check in your area what people use and if it is reliable or not </serious mode>

I've lived here almost 10 years now so completely understand the selection is bad. I'm looking for the best of a bad bunch, and indeed feedback from users with experience in the location I mention.

3BB in one location is not representative of 3BB in another, so looking for reviews of providers from people with experience of services in Ekamai / Thonglor. I may well end up visiting a few places locally and testing manually, but am just planning ahead right now.

I hear True is most common in this area, but also that it is not a strong service from them in this area. Who is the best available generally?

Anyone getting c 250ms latency and a solid 4 meg bandwidth from US for example?

I live on Asoke and have TrueDSL. It is ok. That is about the best I can say about it. Frankly it is unreliable for connections locally and internationally. My best guess is that they are way overloaded with subscribers, especially now that just about every mobile phone uses the internet too.

Add to that they are probably still using IPv4 and everyone is being passed through a CGNAT and the whole system slows down with all sorts of delays, lost packets and who knows what. Plus now we must put up with the junta and their single gateway (ie: Great Firewall of Thailand), things will only get worse, much worse. In fact, things have become much worse since the end of September.

In other words a reliable internet connection, in Thailand, simply does not exist. It is what it is and all you can do is live with it.

Yesterday it was taking minutes for a web page to load, and that included local sites. Given the total mess this country is in, I am surprised anything works at all.

Rant over. tongue.png

I live on Ekamai/Thong Lor and use True Cable High Speed.

When it works, it works well, but sometimes I have to call them. They "change to a new channel " and everything seems to be fine.

Apart from that, as many posters say the Internet is very much up and down. It seems a few weeks ago that everyone I know had problems, regardless of whether they used True, 3BB or whatever.

Archived