Bangkok to Mudkahan

Apologies if I am repeating old questions. Im looking to fly to Mukdahan, stay there one night, go to savannakhet the next day to apply for a visa, stay there one night, pick the visa up the following day. Is it possible to get from the bridge to the airport after picking up the passport in time to get the last flight to bangkok? With which airline? I suppose the other choice would be to get the bus from Mudkahan to bkk to save stress. Any experiences?

I did the bus...not so bad. You can sleep and they stop along the way...give you a food voucher and you get to eat some real Issan food at a place "with lots of character" to say the least. I would do it again....a great adventure.

There will be a bunch of scheming Tuk Tuk drivers waiting for you as you exit the bus once you cross the bridge. Beware of all of them....if you must use one...there is a short squat guy....mid 40ish...looks like a mini Ernest Borgnine (American actor)...he is a bit annoying but he is pretty honest and will help you get what you need and chauffeur you around to the consulate and pick up next day. he is reliable if anything.

Edited by tonray
  • Like 1

The Nok Air fly-ride service from Mukdahan is the one you want. No stress.

Thx Tim. Any idea what time the van leaves Mukdahan to go to the airport at Nakhon Panom........and from where?

The van officially leaves from the Ploy Palace Hotel, but can pick you up from near the bridge (not sure of exact location) on the way on request. For times, I suggest referring to the Nok Air website (http://www.nokair.com) but they currently have departures at 15:30, 17:00 and 18:30. The 15:30 departure would be cutting things really fine, but the 17:00 arriving Bangkok at 21:55 allows plenty of time.

Just come back in Bangkok from Mukdahan with bus NAKHON CHAI AIR

very good promotion 495 bahts instead 550 bahts.

Interesting. What time did that leave the bus station?

Depart from Mukdahan 20.45 and arrive in Bangkok Morchit about 5.30

NAKHON CHAIR very good service in thailand

class VIP the quality of service is the same as Air Company 555