Flight web check-in cancelled

timberpond

I flew from SG to CM last week and notice that web check-in from tigerair is no longer allowed.

Went to the counter for check-in and asked the lady why did they cancel the service and got the following reply,

"Tigerair has cancelled all web check-in service for flights to Thailand because Thailand immigration required us to send all passengers details before the plane touch down".

Me: So is this temporary?

She: We can't answer that for sure, but I personally don't think it will be temporary.

So now the immigration wants to scan through each individual before we land?

Does other airlines has the same practice?

I have been using web check-in service for the pass 2 years. Does we have to worry about this sudden change?

maybe tiger has to provide those detail even before the passenger take off?

There seems to be something behind.

Today the Bangkok Post has a report about improvements at the immigration office in an interview with the commisioner.

One point is the introduction of an advanced passenger processing system (APPS).

Its not allowed to quote or link to Bangkok Post. So have a look.

When you check in online the airline has all the information sooner than they would have it if they waited for everyone to check in at the airport

Yes, but it cant be verified.

Only when you physically show your passport to someone on the check-in desk can the airline actually verify the details.

Archived