Where to set the input switch on my dual voltage converter?

JD66

Hi to all...Have a question.I have some single volt appliances from the U.S. hair clippers, sound machines etc. all single volt 110v 60 hz. Just went to Amorn Electronics and bought a International Dual Voltage Converter. On back there is an input switch.

------------------------------------ ---------------------------------------

llllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------

INPUT INPUT INPUT INPUT

110-120v 220-240v 110-120v 220-240v

50/60 Hz 50-60-Hz 50/60Hz 50/60Hz

OUTPUT: 110V OUTPUT: 220V

So where do I set the switch for single volt 110-120v appliance here in Thailand? I know pretty stupid question but a bit confusing.

Thanks

JD66,

Most US products manufactured in the last few 5 years or so will function just fine because they are built to accommodate 50-60Hz. In fact it might be worth a look on your trimmers and other devices at the Voltage input. Most are now 120- 240V. Nearly all consumer electronics are so you do not even need a converter.

I have 3 converters for some things I brought from the US, input to your converter is 220v, output 110V. One thing to check is if the converter is built to run in continuous duty mode or not. If you bought a good one they are as they come built with voltage regulators

JAFO, thanx will check

My pleasure anytime, glad to help.

I am in the states currently and just glanced at a few electronic consumer things I have and will bring back. All of them are 120-240v- 50-60hz. To my surprise even my Epson color printer is as well.

Cheers

Archived