Just moved house..how long do I have to notify immigration ?

According to section 38 of the 1979 immigration act,

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station.

In Bangkok the notification is made to the Immigration Bureau.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.
The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

• In person at the respective office, or
  • Through an authorized person at the respective office, or
  • By registered mail, or
  • Via internet.

TM.30 for the house possessor.

TM.28 for you.

Went a few months ago to do change of address went armed with TM 28 change of address. TM 30 notification of alien staying in house. All relevant documents and Mrs as it's her house. Got there handed over forms officer asked how we were, and exactly were the house is (just wanted to know for himself nothing to do with process). Looked at both forms gave me back the TM 28 with a not need comment took the TM 30 signed and dated tear recipt at bottom stapled it to passport All done.

Edited by Sutty

"House owners, heads of household, landlords or managers of hotels who accommodate foreign nationals on a temporary basis who stay in the kingdom legally, must notify the local immigration authorities within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the foreign national."

If there is no immigration office in the province or locality of the respective house or hotel, the notification is made to the local police station.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals is made by the manager of licensed hotels according to the hotel act, owners of guesthouses, mansions, apartments and rented houses using the form TM. 30.

The notification of residence of foreign nationals within 24 hours can be made in a number of ways to make the notification as convenient as possible:

In person at the respective office, or

Through an authorized person at the respective office, or

By registered mail, or

Via internet.

TM.28 for you.

Ok, I'm pretty sure the landlord has gone to the local immigration office which in this case is Krabi.

Do I have to high tail it into their office tomorrow. Not sure if it's open all day on a Saturday, I'm guessing only morning.

Just so happens to be Buddhist Day for wife so she'll want to go to temple first ( so there goes the morning ) .

If I turn up on Monday what's the consequences for being late by a few days ?

Thanks

Ok, I'm pretty sure the landlord has gone to the local immigration office which in this case is Krabi.

Do I have to high tail it into their office tomorrow. Not sure if it's open all day on a Saturday, I'm guessing only morning.

Just so happens to be Buddhist Day for wife so she'll want to go to temple first ( so there goes the morning ) .

Thanks

In your case it is very very very unlikely that you or your landlord will get fined.

But, just so you know.....

• The fine for you not reporting a change of address within 24 hours (TM28) is a maximum of 5,000 Baht plus 200 per day for every day late. It would be 2,000 baht in the unlikely event that it was charged.
  • The owner can be fined a maximum of 2,000 baht for not reporting (TM30) that you're staying at his property, but typically TV members are reporting a fine of 800 baht.

Date the TM28 and TM30 as the day you submit the forms. Sorted!

• Like 1

What constitutes a change of address?

If I were to go on a one month holiday in Thailand, still maintaining my home address, am I required to notify immigration of a change?

Edited by Saan

What constitutes a change of address?

If I were to go on a one month holiday in Thailand, still maintaining my home address, am I required to notify immigration of a change?

Do you really think immigration would have any idea you went on a 1 month holiday?? Do you think your land lord would care?

I'm renting 2 places, about 30 km apart. One in the city, the other in the countryside. It's a good arrangement for me. The agent who supplied the house in the country said she would notify the Immig. I said nothing and have done nothing. As far as i know, according to Immig, i still live in the city. If anyone asks my address, i pull out my Thai Driver's License.

Would advise; don't worry about it.

By registered mail, or

Via internet.

TM.28 for you.

Thanks

How does one perform this notification via internet?

I'm just about to move to a new condo and can submit a TM28. Do I need to worry about whether the owner submits a TM30 or not?

For my current place, I was asked to fill in a TM30 a couple of years ago when I went to CW for a re-entry permit, even though I'm just the tenant. They stuck the receipt in my passport and told me to keep it there. Will they do the same for the TM28? Do I really need to get the owner to do the TM30?

It's a fuss over nothing I was elsewhere for 2 months renting before moving to where I am now. I reported change of address as outlined in my other post in this thread when I moved into our house not the rented condo no problem stop worrying it's all good

By registered mail, or

Via internet.

TM.28 for you.

Thanks

How does one perform this notification via internet?

You can't. It's only for registered businesses (hotels/guesthouses).

• Like 1

Posters are correct when they quote the 24 hour rule but I think immigration are happy that you notify within a few days. Sometimes the owner isn't always available at short notice. I moved 5 times in two years a while back and informed them during the first week. They even joked about it saying that if I was going to keep this pace up they'd give me a special courier. Fortunately I've settled since then, Ha!

• Like 1

I'm just about to move to a new condo and can submit a TM28. Do I need to worry about whether the owner submits a TM30 or not?

For my current place, I was asked to fill in a TM30 a couple of years ago when I went to CW for a re-entry permit, even though I'm just the tenant. They stuck the receipt in my passport and told me to keep it there. Will they do the same for the TM28? Do I really need to get the owner to do the TM30?

The TM30 is really the responsibility of the owner, but some offices do ask for it when doing a change of address. Not sure about CW.

When you do your next 90 day report.

We had not reported my arrival three months earlier and when I showed up to do my 90 day, I had to go back and bring my sister-in-law, who is the home owner. The immigration official spent a great deal of time telling her her responsibilities and that she should have done the notification within 24 hours of my arrival.