Beach Road

thailand11

It's actually not too bad up until midnight. After that I would advice you not to walk alone, or, if you do, be on the lookout for big gatherings oh thugs or katoeys hiding behind the palm trees. It also helps of course if you're not drunk and if you're not wearing any bling bling, like gold chains, expensive watches etc. but that goes without saying.

I would advice you to stroll over to the other side of beach road, at least it's better illuminated and you've got quite a few bars with people sitting there until late.

Walking on the opposite side of the road from the beach is much more dangerous. Indian tailors are much more of a nuisance than katoeys.

The katoeys are on that side of the road as well.

I notice that more palm trees have been planted along Beach Road recently which will give even more cover for these pests.

Yesterday I noticed that the Police were actively patroling along the Beach Road in pairs during the daytime, but this did not seem to deter the hookers who were hanging around and making use of the new tiled seats which have been built along the prom.

Walking on the opposite side of the road from the beach is much more dangerous. Indian tailors are much more of a nuisance than katoeys.

I notice that more palm trees have been planted along Beach Road recently which will give even more cover for these pests.

Yesterday I noticed that the Police were actively patroling along the Beach Road in pairs during the daytime, but this did not seem to deter the hookers who were hanging around and making use of the new tiled seats which have been built along the prom.

Up to 3 years ago there were only working girls from Tip plaza to royal garden. then the katoeys moved into that area. Now there are young thugs taking money off the girls when they go with customers.I have seen some of these molesting the girls who are trying to make a living.

Up to 3 years ago there were only working girls from Tip plaza to royal garden. then the katoeys moved into that area. Now there are young thugs taking money off the girls when they go with customers.I have seen some of these molesting the girls who are trying to make a living.

I have read somewhere that prostitution in Thailand is illegal. ????????

I drove along Beach Road a few days ago and was shocked at the state of the prom. When will there be a promenade that will last more than a year? At the moment it's a disaster area and the tourist season nearly upon us! You should wear good walking shoes when venturing there at night. :o

Never personally had a problem on Beach Rd, mind you almost tempted to try my luck on beach side, can't be any worse than the tailors.

Yep the bloody indian tailors are far more anoying than the ladybirds who generally take NO for an answer.

Thank goodness that the tailor touts only grab hold of yer arm :o

Never personally had a problem on Beach Rd, mind you almost tempted to try my luck on beach side, can't be any worse than the tailors.

Yep the bloody indian tailors are far more anoying than the ladybirds who generally take NO for an answer.

Thank goodness that the tailor touts only grab hold of yer arm :D

Until they measure you up and check which side you 'dress'. :D

Never forget that their primary business objective is to get you by the balls... :o

I hate those tailors, I hate them. "alwight mate", god one day i would love to pull out a gun and blow one of they're knees away and then say "yeah alwight mate" ######ing arshole ######!!!!!!1

I don't usually stay near the beach, but I did a few weeks ago and the Indians only bothered me once - I completely ignored them - and then didn't say anything to me the rest of my trip.

I was surprised. :o

It's still not finished :D ...but as soon as it is they'll start all over again. :o

post-2109-1161252117_thumb.jpg

That's a GREAT PIC :D

Have a closer look at the guy in the white chair on the foreground on the left....... :D:D:D

He's controlling, checking and writing down the progress of the workers.

Absolutely GREAT!!!

TIT in it's most absolute and definite form.

Who else has to do the -intelligence- work............ :D

LaoPo :D

Edited by LaoPo

It's still not finished :D ...but as soon as it is they'll start all over again. :o

Have a closer look at the guy in the white chair on the foreground on the left....... :D:D:D

Absolutely GREAT!!!

LaoPo :D [/color]

All good construction sites have one of those,

He makes sure the concrete is laid the right side up :D

That's a GREAT PIC :D

Absolutely GREAT!!!

LaoPo :D

What are they doing? Are they covering those fairly attractive 'cobblestones' with concrete or tarmac?....or is the concrete/tarmac being poured so that the cobblestones can be secured on the top? I'm not sure but they have placed these cobblestones in many places along the promenade/

Edited by Artisan

I hate those tailors, I hate them. "alwight mate", god one day i would love to pull out a gun and blow one of they're knees away and then say "yeah alwight mate" ######ing arshole ######!!!!!!1

kin ell, bit harsh!! time of the month? :o

I usually just look the other way or shake my head while waving them away.

if they're really pushy the trick is to pretend you cant speak english! :D

kin ell, bit harsh!! time of the month? :o

I usually just look the other way or shake my head while waving them away.

if they're really pushy the trick is to pretend you cant speak english! :D

Or, as I mentioned in another thread, I made up a t-shirt in Big C with a print on the chest proudly stating: "I don't buy from Indian Tailors!". That really did the trick, they never bothered me after that.

:D

Totally agree. Every time one reaches out to shake my hand I ask, loudly, if he's trying to steal my watch.

How do they ever figure that buying a suit is an impulsive decision?

Thais do like a nice bit of concrete dont they

You can say that again, saw this piece of 'nice' concrete the other day that fell down under it's own weight.

I think the noose next to it must be where the owner lynched the builder.

post-22250-1161488291_thumb.jpg

Thais do like a nice bit of concrete dont they

You can say that again, saw this piece of 'nice' concrete the other day that fell down under it's own weight.

I think the noose next to it must be where the owner lynched the builder.

:o no no rimmer saw this the other day and you have got it upside down they are demolishing the building not building it, I am sure if we go there next week it will be a clear piece of land for sale :D