True cost of tiger #selfie: Report accuses Tiger Temple of trafficking animals

rooster59

Same is true for the 2 Tiger Kingdoms. I hope this campaign spreads but given their attitude to human trafficking I don't hold out much hope.

Don't forget K> Plodprasop's favorite, the Sri Racha Tiger Farm Zoo, which is possibly even more dire...

This might be a gtood place to go after ''plod'' and his accumulation of such a huge figure of assets which is on record. He has been involved in several ani9mal attractions for tourists and other rumored handling of wildlife, living and/ dead. probably most destined for a dinner table or medicine for various ills as perscribed by the local witch doctor

When the accusation comes from National Geographic I take it seriously. That organization is not known for saying anything without proof to support them. The people involved need to locked up and the key thrown away and the place shut down permanently.

The temple will need really deep pockets if they think they are going to get anywhere with the below. wink.png

Tiger Temple to sue 'National Geographic' over damning report

When the accusation comes from National Geographic I take it seriously. That organization is not known for saying anything without proof to support them. The people involved need to locked up and the key thrown away and the place shut down permanently.

The temple will need really deep pockets if they think they are going to get anywhere with the below. wink.png

Tiger Temple to sue 'National Geographic' over damning report

I doubt if money will be a problem.....but last time they sued they withdrew.......I think their main concern will be the adverse publicity. They will have to make sure they have all the right people "onside" before pursuing this one.

I think what's art stake is the massive temple/zoo/meditation complex they are undertaking...it really is enormous and apart from the building and setting up costs, it has to make money in the future

I went to the Phuket zoo some time back, a primitive place, animals exploited in a stupid monkey show, elephant show and a ridiculous crocodile show, large animals in small enclosures.

Sadly these animal torture chambers are frequented by many tourists from two notable countries although the Russians are not so frequent visitors now.

And now Phuket has the dolphin show, more exploitation of animals for backward tourists willing to pay to see attractions that have generally lost the attraction for most in more developed nations.

I know there is still the controversial Sea World operating in the States surely it's days are numbered.

The dolphin jumping show down the road from where I live out of Perth WA has been closed since 1990 due to a change in the attitude of people to these circuses.

Nat Geo has much work to do in Thailand and a few other places.