New Zealand national dies in single vehicle crash

rooster59

New Zealand national dies in single vehicle crash

post-247607-0-63474400-1453546597_thumb.

Police believe that the man may have been driving at high speed when he lost control of his bike at the curve and crashed into a nearby tree. Photo: Ruamjai Foundation

PHUKET: A New Zealand national was killed in a single vehicle crash in Chalong early this morning.

The man, whose name is being withheld until the embassy is informed of the death, was found at a curve on Soi Ta Eid. His Zoomer-X motorbike was found severely damaged nearby.

“While at the scene, the man’s friends came and told us that he had won a boxing match and gone out drinking with them to celebrate,” confirmed Maj Patiwat Yodkwan of the Chalong Police. “His friends wanted to drive him back home, but he declined and drove himself instead.”

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/New-Zealand-national-dies-single-vehicle-crash/62954?desktopversion

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-01-23

other report about a kiwi women who died on a bike after winning a muay thai fight. had a party and refused to be taken home.

she hit a tree too

Men and women seem to be easily confused today by the news outlets.

NZ woman Muay Thai fighter dies in Phuket motorbike crash

Darawan Naknakhon

post-247607-0-85053100-1453559424_thumb.

The New Zealand woman died on her way home after winning a local Muay Thai fight. Photo: Ruamjai Kupai Foundation.

PHUKET: A New Zealand woman studying Muay Thai in Phuket died in a motorbike accident in Soi Ta-iad, Chalong, early this morning (Jan 23) after celebrating her victory in a local Phuket fight with friends.

Pol Maj Patiwat Yodkhawn confirmed that the Chalong Police were notified of the accident at about 2:30am.

One first responder at the scene told The Phuket News that it appeared the woman had missed a bend in the road, causing the Honda Zoomer X she was riding to hit the roadside tree.

The woman suffered severe head injury in the impact.

Although unable to locate a pulse, rescue workers attempted to revive her with CPR and rushed her to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/nz-woman-muay-thai-fighter-dies-in-phuket-motorbike-crash-55907.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-01-23

Darawan Naknakhon

attachicon.gif1_201612315344250_IMiCnNWPLclGZhcbQvsDpLusOmMTolewxMylaUAl_jpeg.jpeg

The New Zealand woman died on her way home after winning a local Muay Thai fight. Photo: Ruamjai Kupai Foundation.

PHUKET: A New Zealand woman studying Muay Thai in Phuket died in a motorbike accident in Soi Ta-iad, Chalong, early this morning (Jan 23) after celebrating her victory in a local Phuket fight with friends.

Pol Maj Patiwat Yodkhawn confirmed that the Chalong Police were notified of the accident at about 2:30am.

One first responder at the scene told The Phuket News that it appeared the woman had missed a bend in the road, causing the Honda Zoomer X she was riding to hit the roadside tree.

Although unable to locate a pulse, rescue workers attempted to revive her with CPR and rushed her to Vachira Phuket Hospital in Phuket Town, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/nz-woman-muay-thai-fighter-dies-in-phuket-motorbike-crash-55907.php

tpn.jpg

Very sad story, sounds like adrenalin was pumping too much; perhaps a drink or two caused these sad events. Difficult to speculate riding on a foreign countries instrument of death it would appear. Maybe just exhaustion + not enough rest through time zones caused the lack of attentiveness, really sad. Tourist continue to come to Thailand not understanding what these motorbikes can do - like end your life in a split stuff up or lapse in concentration.

well it is dangerous to be riding a motorbike in the small hours in Thailand, I am a seasoned rider and I would never venture onto the roads here at night......to many drunk drivers in trucks - they will run over you and drive on either obivious that they hit something or just keep going regardless, although since her friends were offering to take her home would also indicate she had a few drinks on board

Tragic waste of another young life on Thailand roads

RIP

Very sad story, sounds like adrenalin was pumping too much; perhaps a drink or two caused these sad events. Difficult to speculate riding on a foreign countries instrument of death it would appear. Maybe just exhaustion + not enough rest through time zones caused the lack of attentiveness, really sad. Tourist continue to come to Thailand not understanding what these motorbikes can do - like end your life in a split stuff up or lapse in concentration.

It's not the motorcycle's fault.

There is only one person to blame in this sad story.

Darawan Naknakhon

attachicon.gif1_201612315344250_IMiCnNWPLclGZhcbQvsDpLusOmMTolewxMylaUAl_jpeg.jpeg

tpn.jpg

not enough rest through time zones? how many do you think Thailand has, she lived here.

other report about a kiwi women who died on a bike after winning a muay thai fight. had a party and refused to be taken home.

she hit a tree too

WOW---What a coincidence ----cheesy.gifcheesy.gif ----- RIP to both of them !!!!!!!!! (and the tree if it was the same one ) clap2.gifclap2.gif

Darawan Naknakhon

tpn.jpg

not enough rest through time zones? how many do you think Thailand has, she lived here.

Quote---- "celebrating victory in a local fight with friends"------ I'm sure thats just another bit of bad reporting------ RIP Lady

well it is dangerous to be riding a motorbike in the small hours in Thailand, I am a seasoned rider and I would never venture onto the roads here at night......to many drunk drivers in trucks - they will run over you and drive on either obivious that they hit something or just keep going regardless, although since her friends were offering to take her home would also indicate she had a few drinks on board

RIP

look, unless this young lady was extremely drunk, speeding or both I find it very hard to belive that she just lost control and crashed.

Like I said above the roads are dangerous at night with drunks driving cars, it is a more likely senario she was forced or bumped off the road by someone in a car that was blind drunk, on a mobile phone or both, nobody will ever know the truth but if she was sober and just tootling along at 30kmph I find it highly unlikely she just lost it and crashed

I have been riding on Thai roads for years and would never consider riding a bike in the small hours, it is just way too dangerous

Edited by smedly

Darawan Naknakhon

tpn.jpg

The human factor and drunkeness is number one factor on many road crashes. nevertheless, Zoomer x is a crap bike, very unstable. Last time, I was very sober, I rented one to drive up to Doi Suthep. It was absolutely uncontrolable on small roads. and very very very unstable at a higher speed on normal road.. RIP..

What no one looks at is there was possibly a car on the wrong side of the road & the motorbike had to swerve to avoid a head on accident but unfortunately they hit the tree instead. The car driver as always left the scene & can now live in peace knowing they didn't kill the person "the tree did".

...sad....

...just hope nobody else was involved...like for revenge.....

...of course they would not have stuck around....

..it seems they never study skid marks or tire marks....or at least they never mention it....

...with no witnesses....if someone cuts you off....it is a 'single vehicle accident'....

It took a while, but finally there are they, the answers claiming somebody else cuased the accident.

nobody is claiming anything, it is simply being raised as a reasoned possibilty, nothing more
You're right, not claimed, just stated as more likely.

RIP

look, unless this young lady was extremely drunk, speeding or both I find it very hard to belive that she just lost control and crashed.

Like I said above the roads are dangerous at night with drunks driving cars, it is a more likely senario she was forced or bumped off the road by someone in a car that was blind drunk, on a mobile phone or both, nobody will ever know the truth but if she was sober and just tootling along at 30kmph I find it highly unlikely she just lost it and crashed

I have been riding on Thai roads for years and would never consider riding a bike in the small hours, it is just way too dangerous

"look, unless this young lady was extremely drunk, speeding or both I find it very hard to belive that she just lost control and crashed." - and would you find it hard to believe she was extremely drunk and speeding?

Edited by NamKangMan

What no one looks at is there was possibly a car on the wrong side of the road & the motorbike had to swerve to avoid a head on accident but unfortunately they hit the tree instead. The car driver as always left the scene & can now live in peace knowing they didn't kill the person "the tree did".

You forgot to mention the car driver would have been Thai. Probably Hi-so.

RIP

"look, unless this young lady was extremely drunk, speeding or both I find it very hard to belive that she just lost control and crashed." - and would you find it hard to believe she was extremely drunk and speeding?

as she was partying and people offered to bring her home it could well be she was drunk Edited by FritsSikkink

Such a waste of a young life.

So many expats that get around without helmets on, feel like slapping them in the head and telling them how stupid they are, even get expat parents dropping their kids of at my sons school (Kajongkeit, Kathu)with no helmet on, bl00dy great example the morons set!