Will Thai banks consider foreign income sources?

I've heard Thai banks are almost as strict for a refinance on a 100% owned property as they are with new mortgages.

I have a good source of income, but it is not local (online business focused in the US market). Based on what I've read, this doesn't sound like it would meet the strict criteria of an average conservative Thai bank. Is this generally the case? Are there any exceptions?

That would depend on a number of things.

1. Do you have Thai work permit that legalises you working from Thailand regardless of where your customer base is.

2. The same as any bank anywhere else in world. You have to prove yourself to them. Either showing them you have regular income going into an A/C

in their bank over a specified period of time. Or an audited business annual balance sheet.

3. You will or should submit a business plan and specify how the money will be utilised to prove you are professional in your business approach.

4. There will always be a variation of the lending criteria between different banks. Some will or won't do this or that, depending on the laws of the country.

5. If your profits are good enough to allow you to check with a good Thai lawyer like Siam Legal. You might find they can do the arrangement with your bank for you.

Good Luck