Please share up to date suggestions for a free VPN

scorecard

I was using HOLA for a couple of years but last few weeks it seems to be 'disorganized', asks if I want to reinstall but then goes ahead automatically and reinstalls the software, and now suddenly no longer has a box whereby I can type the web address that I want to find. Also noted some comments that HOLA without asking installs lots of other undesirable things.

So can the experts please share an up to date suggestion for another good free VPN.

Thanks.

I use ExpressVPN. I just gave friends in China a lesson in VPN's last night. They were able to download it inside China and use it.

They didn't have to get outside the firewall to download it, which I thought was amazing. We visited some sites I know are blocked in China. All good!

ExpressVPN has a 30 day free trial. You can put it on 2 devices. 100 bucks a year. Done deal.

Tunnel Bear will give you 500 MB a month for free (1GB if you have a Twitter account) and you can select what country you want to appear as being located in (18 countries are currently supported) pricing is half the price as ExpressVPN listed above for a one year subscription

I only use them sparingly primarily for news web sites that a banned in Thailand, so I can't comment on how Tunnel Bear would be for the type of activities we are not supposed to talk about here at TV. But a free 500MB should be enough for you to judge for yourself

https://www.tunnelbear.com/

Archived