Chinese New Year 2016 Feb 8-10

Tywais

Chinese New Year February 8-10 (Monday-Wednesday) for those who wish to celebrate and enjoy the festivities. Below video from 2015.

Chinese New Year in Chiang Mai (Year of the Monkey) 2016

When: February 8th thru 10th
Where: Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Pattaya, Phuket
Observance: Nationwide

Chinese New Year is the Year of the Monkey

This year for Chinese New Year, I’ll be returning to Chiang Mai Chinatown. Its a small but fun festival, with lots of bright colors, traditional Chinese Music and entertainment, good to great street food and fun fireworks finale. It’s right next to the Ping River located between the

Nakhon Phing and Nawarat Bridges in the heart of the Nawarat Market. Great location for a stroll by the river and taking in all your surrounding.

More here - Festivals of Thailand

Nice video. Thank you. Did I see "joong" (cantonese word for sticky rice with a lot of stuff bound in leaves) in that video?

Don't know Mandarin, but in Cantonese Gung hay faaot choy for Happy New Year.

Edited by just_Elaine

today there was a group of freshers from rajabhat uni singing and dancing at thaphae gate trying to collect money for a junior school in chom thong district

and two chinese girls asked if they could play the drums

the boy said yes and away they went smile.png

in the end they were all dancing and singing together having a great time right till the end

dave2

ps ... the little girl with the collection box on the left spoke very good english for a freshey !

post-42592-0-08916200-1454500588_thumb.j

post-42592-0-12715600-1454501149_thumb.j

post-42592-0-01099800-1454501587_thumb.j

post-42592-0-75910500-1454501924_thumb.j

I think the video see an old gate wall, so ity not really Chinatown or Wawarot. The big Chinese New Year events are usually at night at Chinatown, hopefully someone can let us know the confirmed event days for this year.

Edited by only1

Red is not auspicious for all zodiacs. It could be inauspicious for some.

Been a long time since I looked into this. I was amazed at how close the short description of me was.

I am a metal snake.

It was interesting but I do not take it to serious. Most people might not realize there are 12 animals in the

Chinese Zodiac and each one has four different ones. I might be wrong here but there is

the metal the water the fire and the air.

Each one has it's own year so your sign will only come up every 48 years.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. It has been many years and I was kind of using it to get close to a lady.

Edited by northernjohn

All these are just for reference. I'm not really into it, for the fun of CNY mood. Got my reference from a book actually.

There's 5 elements- metal, wood, water, fire and earth.

For Snake, this year's lucky Color are black, blue and gray. Unlucky Colours are red and purple.[emoji4]

All these are just for reference. I'm not really into it, for the fun of CNY mood. Got my reference from a book actually.

There's 5 elements- metal, wood, water, fire and earth.

For Snake, this year's lucky Color are black, blue and gray. Unlucky Colours are red and purple.[emoji4]

You are right on the 5 elements but your luck depends too on the hour you are born, 12 different types of 2 hr time zone each, as well as your past karma and the feng shui conditions of your living and work place. Just the clothing colors for everyone one born in the same could bring a person luck makes no sense. It's just as senseless as thinking believing in a particular God will get one to heaven.

But for the first 15 days of the CNY, wearing red is fun and custom.

Edited by only1

Yes the birthweight( 命两)which describes the general overall of one's life journey from birth.

Past karma plays a big part in our lives. It's like a bank ac- you need to deposit more (good deeds) than withdrawal (offsetting negative deeds) to maintain healthy balance. Lol that's in my own words actually.

Fengshui and Colours are just a minor part. Like what I said I got them from a book, I don't go deeper into it.

If believing in a particular God makes one a better person, why not? As long as one respects other religions, and doesn't harm others.

If believing in a particular God makes one a better person, why not? As long as one respects other religions, and doesn't harm others.

Unfortunately, none of any "particular God" religion actually teach people to be really Good. In fact, they teach their followers to go against their own sisterly religion. Just look at the books of those 2 Abrahamic religions religions that teach people to kill those who don't believe their God. They copied Lord Brahma from Hinduism to create their own God, add in the Adam and Eve bs, and tried to rule the world. Later, their own people betrayed them with Christianity and Islam. After that, these 2 fight.

Karma is fair, isn't it ?

The only religion that really teach people to be good to everyone in the world, including animals, is Buddhism.

Edited by only1

i had a walk today thinking i might get some good chinese new year pics

around chiang mai but found almost zilch

1 .. a new hotel by the park that put a bit of effort into it smile.png

2 .. a naga dancing dragon team in somphet market !

dave2

ps .. i wouldnt go into warrarot market at the mo if you paid me

post-42592-0-82512700-1454935528_thumb.j

post-42592-0-35544700-1454935646_thumb.j

i had a walk today thinking i might get some good chinese new year pics

around chiang mai but found almost zilch

Other than a few decorations and a rare baby dragon here and there, I've never found much Chinese New Year festivity other than with the parade (from Thaphae Gate to Chinatown) and along the streets adjacent to Wararot Market. This baby dragon was looking for you, Dave.

post-26519-0-78221500-1454941353_thumb.j

I had a stiff drink then proceeded to Wararot Mkt. last night to buy some dinner, I was impressed that they seem to have expanded from previous years, more of everything, quite colorful, 3 stages and tons of food. It was interesting to observe the difference in style and behavior between Thai and Chin, especially while watching a performance on a small stage, the Thais almost always would bow down when passing in front of other spectators, quite concious of others, the Chins seem oblivious.... different culture. I was there early evening and it was crowded but not overwhelming, a good vibe lots of smiles and cute kids in costumes.

Edited by daoyai