Greece: hundreds of migrants and refugees arrive in Lesbos from Turkey

webfact

Greece: hundreds of migrants and refugees arrive in Lesbos from Turkey

606x341_322280.jpg

"I don't want to stay where the war is - in my country. Because of that I will go and find another way of life"

ATHENS: -- Hundreds of migrants and refugees, including many women and children, arrived by dinghy on the Greek island of Lesbos from neighbouring Turkey on Monday.

Cold, shaken, but relieved, they were greeted by medical personnel and aid workers in Mytilene.

“My friend told me about this trip, and I think It’s good for my life, to change my life, I don’t want to stay where the war is – in my country. Because of that I will go and find another way of life,” said Abdurahman, a refugee from Syria.

Meanwhile, hundreds of people, hoping to cross from Greece into the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia to travel northwards to the wealthier countries of Europe, have been stranded in the Greek border village of Idomeni.

Some 750 people were denied passage on Friday, after the Macedonian government closed the border crossing.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-01-26

Lucky all the Europeans didn't just flee abroad to hide when the 3rd Reich was on the prowl. I suppose that is the difference between loving your country and wanting free stuff at somebody else expense. Givers and takers as it were.

The photographer deserves an award for this photo. Out of the hordes of savage looking military age males, the cameraman managed to find a crying female child - or was it a staged photo? Either way the photo is not representative of the situation on the ground.

“My friend told me about this trip, and I think It’s good for my life, to change my life, I don’t want to stay where the war is – in my country. Because of that I will go and find another way of life,” said Abdurahman, a refugee from Syria.

Why didn't they stay in Turkey which is safe and secure ?

A photo from an uncredited source has been removed.

I've found the source: https://www.motgift.nu/2015/12/22/medias-bild-pa-flyktingar-i-havet-uppenbart-arrangerad/

post-35489-0-54272700-1453917435_thumb.j

Translation:

The media image of "refugees in the sea" clearly arranged

Take a look at the picture above. We have seen it and similar media at irregular intervals but increasing intensity in recent years. Something is not quite as it should with this picture ...

The article points out the man apparently standing in waist deep water at the top right while the other "refugees" are apparently up to their necks.

The article doesn't point out that there are plenty of feet also showing, which indicates that the people are in fact merely floating for the photo-op.