Winter Wonderland

WinnieTheKhwai

Not only people,our cat is curled up in a ball with her jacket on,covered in a blanket,

and shes not going out side for anything,she is just 6 months so her first taste of the

cold weather,which is about the same temperature as the Midlands in UK !

regards Worgeordie

I sit here now with two hot water bottles under my hoodie sweater; I have two pairs of socks and the only heat source we have is the outside cooker.

I have been driving around in the car, but you soon realise they dont have a heater vent from the engine......only cold airsad.png

Was quite happy to make a nice outside fire; but not much chance of that until it stops raining; so instead I decided to open the fridge door to warm up the room.

No doubt it will be bikinis back on tomorrow. lets hope so; smile.png

I sit here now with two hot water bottles under my hoodie sweater; I have two pairs of socks and the only heat source we have is the outside cooker.

I have been driving around in the car, but you soon realise they dont have a heater vent from the engine......only cold airsad.png

Was quite happy to make a nice outside fire; but not much chance of that until it stops raining; so instead I decided to open the fridge door to warm up the room.

If ONLY you had A Ford Fiesta

They Have Heaters in them

Yup. smile.png a VERY good reason to get one.

Although I think it's more and more common in cars in this country. The higher level model pick-ups even get them (Toyota, Mitsubishi) and SUVs of course (Fortuner, Everest, etc.) even in the entry level models.

It's great this is finally added to more affordable cars.

Not sure about home air conditioners that also heat though.. Anyone know if that's available? (Then with some double glazing added we'd be ready for the Ice Age that's clearly upon us.)

All electricity used inside your home or apartment is converted to heat. You can pump more heat into your home or apartment by turning down the temperature in your refrigerator, the heat that comes out of the refrigerator goes into the surrounding environment. Turn on everything--TV, computer, lights, etc, and you will have many electric heaters in operation. Distributing this heat, and paying for the electricity, is up to you.

I was driving around for some shopping with my Mazda 3,swiched on the aircon at 25 degrees Cel and the HEAT was coming

out of the vent !!! Did drive the extra long way to go home.

Daughter and 3 friends are having a confab on the front deck of our house (covered by extended roof)

table full of food, drinking a little gin and beer with 2 of those Thai concrete buckets used for BBQ fired up

with charcoal. I went out and it was quite warm setting around the glowing coals.

kids /20 yearrs old can make us old folks look like panzies sometimes. i suggested bring 1 of the bbq into the house for me,

and got a lecture on carbon monoxide, etc.

Daughter and 3 friends are having a confab on the front deck of our house (covered by extended roof)

table full of food, drinking a little gin and beer with 2 of those Thai concrete buckets used for BBQ fired up

with charcoal. I went out and it was quite warm setting around the glowing coals.

kids /20 yearrs old can make us old folks look like panzies sometimes. i suggested bring 1 of the bbq into the house for me,

and got a lecture on carbon monoxide, etc.

Well that's actually quite reassuring.

In emergency cases: Also a vacuum cleaner or a hairdryer (as well as any other electric device) transform all consumed electric energy into heat.

Using a hairdryer to heat up a room is a bad idea. These devices are not designed to run for long periods and are likely to overheat and burn out. Besides that the only way to keep warm using a hairdryer would be to put the thing on your lap blowing directly on to you.

Don`t think I would fancy running a vacuum cleaner for hours with all the noise they make.

In emergency cases: Also a vacuum cleaner or a hairdryer (as well as any other electric device) transform all consumed electric energy into heat.

Using a hairdryer to heat up a room is a bad idea. These devices are not designed to run for long periods and are likely to overheat and burn out. Besides that the only way to keep warm using a hairdryer would be to put the thing on your lap blowing directly on to you.

Or, blowing under the blanket/duvet when in bed. ;)

Just to warm things up, not to let run continuously of course. And making sure the air intake is not obstructed.

It works VERY well though. :thumbsup:

I slept in a bedroom whose temp was the same as outside. in winter a pan of water would freeze in th

room (solid). my grandmother had a couple bed warmers that she would use to warm up the quilts we slept

between. she used hot coals from heating stove (warm morning) brand to heat the bed, I jumped in while

it was warm and slept comfortably.

the bed warmers are probably worth some money in todays market places, as antiques, but were the norm of the day before central

heat, etc

Or, blowing under the blanket/duvet when in bed. wink.png

Just to warm things up, not to let run continuously of course. And making sure the air intake is not obstructed.

It works VERY well though. thumbsup.gif

They are really great at thawing out frozen pipes. rolleyes.gif

Archived