Lawyers Council to appeal Koh Tao convicts’ death sentence

webfact

Good points Boomer but I respectfully suggest that the defence team should have been putting forward the evidence for your line of thinking. If you think the b2 are not guilty then you have to accept the defence did a pretty poor job and deserve some criticism.

If the defense was lacking, in my unprofessional opinion, it was in the following areas:

>>> being too careful to not offend the judges. Thais in general are very easily offended, judges no exception.

>>> being too careful to not mention other possible suspects. All Thai officials, including the court, didn't want to hear a peep about Nomsod or Mon. In other words, Thai officials don't want to find those who are likely the real perps of the crime.

>>> The defense knows they have to step gingerly re; any real criticism of the abysmal way the RTP handled the frame-up. Thai officials have all the power. If the trial didn't go the way they wanted it to go, they could shut it down. They might even sue the defense for defamation of character or whatever. That's essentially what UFC recently did against one of the defense team after another trial.

>>> It's like David and Goliath, except Goliath has a gun, a bulletproof Popemobile, with armored personnel carriers backing it up - and David is still standing there half naked holding a sling with a little stone.

I don't put down the defense or its tactics. I think they did about as good as it could, considering the stacked deck against it.

So let's ask the question, are these men being helped or exploited?

If the mumbo jumbo team didn't come along the b2 would have received a life sentence. If the case is finished, they would immediately be entitled to apply for the kings yearly sentence reduction. With good behaviour and reductions they would be out by the time they are about 35 years old. They would possibly marry and go on to have a normal life. Now, with the death penalty , they must wait around 2 years for the appeal. Then anywhere from 3 to 5 years for supreme appeal if they lose. Then another 3 to 5 years to appeal for a kings pardon of the death penalty. So 10 to 12 years later, if commuted their life sentence reductions can begin.

So they will be lucky to be out by the time they are 50.

They are very young, I do question the advice they are being given by the mumbo jumbo team that got all of their defense stories off the Internet with absolutely nothing to back it up.

The "mumbo jumbo team" that put them in jail for life, consists of RTP, judges and the Thai- judical system!

Do us all a favor and ask no more questions, please!

Not a life sentence. Thai authorities (some of them dollar millionaires) railroaded them to die. It's little comfort for the scapegoats to know the executions may or may not be commuted. As it stands now, they both go to their sleeping mats at night, staring execution in the face.

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the mumbo jumbo team didn't come along the b2 would have received a life sentence. If the case is finished, they would immediately be entitled to apply for the kings yearly sentence reduction. With good behaviour and reductions they would be out by the time they are about 35 years old. They would possibly marry and go on to have a normal life. Now, with the death penalty , they must wait around 2 years for the appeal. Then anywhere from 3 to 5 years for supreme appeal if they lose. Then another 3 to 5 years to appeal for a kings pardon of the death penalty. So 10 to 12 years later, if commuted their life sentence reductions can begin.

They are very young, I do question the advice they are being given by the mumbo jumbo team that got all of their defense stories off the Internet with absolutely nothing to back it up.

The "mumbo jumbo team" that put them in jail for life, consists of RTP, judges and the Thai- judical system!

And then to make matters worse, the mumbo team of "nomsod did it and paid off almost the entire country to cover it up " that they heard about on the Internet, could not leave well enough alone. "Oh no" they had to drum up some publicity for the MWRN fund, and complain about the b2 living and have them transferred to bkk. There they were, happily serving their sentence together supporting each other, while they watched tv in their chains. Now, they have been separated and sent to a large overcrowded high security prison. I imagine the day they were moved and separated was probably the worst of their lives. I do wonder if they regret the day the mumbo jumbo team ever came into their lives.

I do say this with great sadness for them.

I have never and still don’t think the Burmese were the murders, BUT I have to say the defence case was simply pathetic.

That was either through been inept or the possibility the Burmese are guilty.

The prosecution case was seriously flawed; indeed, most civilised courts would have thrown out the case. So why the defence put up such a feeble challenge is beyond me.

"If the defense was lacking, in my unprofessional opinion, it was in the following areas:

>>> being too careful to not offend the judges. Thais in general are very easily offended, judges no exception.

>>> being too careful to not mention other possible suspects. All Thai officials, including the court, didn't want to hear a peep about Nomsod or Mon. In other words, Thai officials don't want to find those who are likely the real perps of the crime.

>>> The defense knows they have to step gingerly re; any real criticism of the abysmal way the RTP handled the frame-up. Thai officials have all the power. If the trial didn't go the way they wanted it to go, they could shut it down. They might even sue the defense for defamation of character or whatever. That's essentially what UFC recently did against one of the defense team after another trial.

>>> It's like David and Goliath, except Goliath has a gun, a bulletproof Popemobile, with armored personnel carriers backing it up - and David is still standing there half naked holding a sling with a little stone.

I don't put down the defense or its tactics. I think they did about as good as it could, considering the stacked deck against it."

Absolutely correct Boomer.

Let's not forget the fact that, even with the defence team being as deferential as they were, they were still angrily harrangued by senior police officers outside the court for not "supporting" them!

The defence have been walking on broken glass all the way through this debacle.

Don't fall for the 'Defence was dirt-poor' line, folks. It's the current main team tactic in their attempts to to set the agenda. It's known as 'divide and conquer'.

Edited by Khun Han

And then to make matters worse, the mumbo team of "nomsod did it and paid off almost the entire country to cover it up " that they heard about on the Internet, could not leave well enough alone. "Oh no" they had to drum up some publicity for the MWRN fund, and complain about the b2 living and have them transferred to bkk. There they were, happily serving their sentence together supporting each other, while they watched tv in their chains. Now, they have been separated and sent to a large overcrowded high security prison. I imagine the day they were moved and separated was probably the worst of their lives. I do wonder if they regret the day the mumbo jumbo team ever came into their lives.

More mumbo jumbo from Mr greenchair

"Both accused said they initially felt conditions at Bang Kwang the best of all 3 prisons they have been held at so far and they were satisfied with the conditions. Both accused were suprised and worried at the sudden transfer from Nakhon Si Thammarat Prison on 25th Jan early morning but now are at ease"

"Both accused said they initially felt conditions at Bang Kwang the best of all 3 prisons they have been held at so far and they were satisfied with the conditions. Both accused were suprised and worried at the sudden transfer from Nakhon Si Thammarat Prison on 25th Jan early morning but now are at ease"

It wasnt to long ago that Greenchair was claiming the Mumbo Jumbo team consisted of 7 top lawyers

Tomorrow we will find out, if, as Andy Hall has stated, there are serious discrepancies between the Thai autopsy and the Norfolk coroner's report regarding Hannah Witheridge. My thoughts are with the Witheridge family as they undergo yet another traumatising life event in this never ending saga of sadness and confusion.

It wasnt to long ago that Greenchair was claiming the Mumbo Jumbo team consisted of 7 top lawyers

Now that's sounds a bit like what the defense and the prosecution do. Take out all the relevant bits to show a different story far from what was said or done. Lol.

I said the defense team had top lawyers from 4 different countries working on their case, and what was presented as defense in court was abysmal. Mostly because it was hearsay evidence by Andy, with nothing to back it up. And focused on mumbo jumbo jargon from the Internet. "The real killer has left the country " wah wah. "The walk in the video is different to the b2 " wah wah. "there's only 25 percent dna match on the hoe " wah wah. "But but their human rights have been violated " wah wah. "They found the victims phone on the beach " wah wah. All mumbo jumbo that served no purpose. They did have a lot to work with. They didn't use it, in my valued opinion.

Edited by greenchair

Now that's sounds a bit like what the defense and the prosecution do. Take out all the relevant bits to show a different story far from what was said or done. Lol.

I said the defense team had top lawyers from 4 different countries working on their case, and what was presented as defense in court was abysmal. Mostly because it was hearsay evidence by Andy, with nothing to back it up. And focused on mumbo jumbo jargon from the Internet. "The real killer has left the country " wah wah. "The walk in the video is different to the b2 " wah wah. "there's only 25 percent dna match on the hoe " wah wah. "But but their human rights have been violated " wah wah. "They found the victims phone on the beach " wah wah. All mumbo jumbo that served no purpose. They did have a lot to work with. They didn't use it, in my valued opinion.

Don't flatter yourself!

You opinion has not been "valued" in looooong time!

There you go again dm0 something. Nothing useful to contribute, so attack other posters that have interesting things to discuss. By all means criticise or challenge, but pllease contribute something to discussion of the topic.

Bless

Your "valued opinion" consists of the use of "wah wah" x 5. "mumbo jumbo" x 2.

Now waiting with baited breath for more of your "valued opinions"

Edited by jayjay78

greenchair, on 08 Feb 2016 - 02:06, said:

There you go again dm0 something. Nothing useful to contribute, so attack other posters that have interesting things to discuss. By all means criticise or challenge, but pllease contribute something to discussion of the topic.

Bless

Nothing useful to contribute, so attack other posters that have interesting things to discuss

Perhaps if you used a more civilised, and less mocking tone, to other posters who disagree with your views, you would find people are more willing to be civil with you. Your constant use of the word "bless" is extremely irritating, not to mention childish.

There is a lovely cartoon that andy has posted about donation of funds. In the b2 case is a perfect example of how funding can be used in a variety of ways that does not benefit the beneficiary that the money was intended for. I do suspect at the very least, these 2 were involved in some way. Who can say how much. ...

But with money they had available and the lawyers and resources they had available, guilty or innocent, the end result was quite a surprise to me. And what is going to change in their appeal ?

Is it going to be as feeble as the first attempt?

And why was it a surprise for you?

You keep going on and on...and on...an on...and on...about solid, rock hard evidence (in your private and exclusive opinion) like shoes and phones and people somewhere at sometime in that night and cigarette buds and wine- bottles...

So how can you be surprised?

If you had any idea of what you are talking about you would know 2 things:

1) the outcome of this trial was clear from the beginning, because the RTP are corrupt, the courts are corrupt, the evidence was rigged and - most of all- because IT HAD TO BE that way!

2) you can throw money at that by the brazillions- if you are not on the "right" side, that would change NADA!

Any more questions?

"...but...but...but...the shoe?!"

There is a lovely cartoon that andy has posted about donation of funds. In the b2 case is a perfect example of how funding can be used in a variety of ways that does not benefit the beneficiary that the money was intended for. I do suspect at the very least, these 2 were involved in some way. Who can say how much. ...

But with money they had available and the lawyers and resources they had available, guilty or innocent, the end result was quite a surprise to me. And what is going to change in their appeal ?

You were surprised? You seem to be the only one, either that or you missed the judge at the early stages of the trial telling the prosecution to get their cctv in order for the appeal.

Tomorrow we will find out, if, as Andy Hall has stated, there are serious discrepancies between the Thai autopsy and the Norfolk coroner's report regarding Hannah Witheridge. My thoughts are with the Witheridge family as they undergo yet another traumatising life event in this never ending saga of sadness and confusion.

It will certainly be sad but interesting to see if they back up andys claim that Hannah was not raped.

It will certainly be sad but interesting to see if they back up andys claim that Hannah was not raped.

The Norfolk coroner has ruled that Hannah was sexually assaulted. She did not say she was raped, and as you will likely be aware, not all sexual assault is rape.

The Norfolk coroner has ruled that Hannah was sexually assaulted. She did not say she was raped, and as you will likely be aware, not all sexual assault is rape.

.......but you wouldn't disagree that it can be!!

.......but you wouldn't disagree that it can be!!

No defensive injuries, leaves a question mark about the blond hair in Hannahs hand

GC the above is just contradictory nonsence ,

You feel the B2 are involved and then surprised they are found guillty considering the lawyers , resources and funding, yet you go onto to suggest the defence team are woefull.

May I suggest if as you think the defence team are woefull the result should not have been a surprise

No, I'm not aware at all.

What is the difference between sexual assault and rape.

Bless