Buying Shoe Laces in Chiang Mai

sunoco27

I buy most of my shoe laces on ebay, ordering them from China and getting free shipping. I like to wear laced boots, so need rather long ones. A pair of very good quality waxed laces will cost you in the region of 40 Baht - and they are shipped straight to your home, no customs hassle and no waste of time running around from shop to shop.

There used to be a lady who had a small shop in KSK on the 3rd or 4th Floor. She sold nothing but shoelaces and had everything under the sun in every length, color, style, etc. She was there for maybe 8 years. We were in KSK yesterday and needed shoelaces and sadly she's gone.

Maybe in the student shops at Talaat Thanin? There should be a shoelace seller there I would think.

Actually very hard to find shoe laces in Thailand. Took me a week in BKK. Best bet is to find a sidewalk shoe repair person. Usually they have a rack of laces. Stock up. I even went to shoe stores and they just shrugged....

Really,it just took me about 30 seconds,they have about 60 different types all of which they deliver to your door.

http://www.lazada.co.th/hks-round-athletic-shoelaces-sport-sneakers-shoe-laces-3263304.html

Edited by stoneyboy

Actually very hard to find shoe laces in Thailand. Took me a week in BKK. Best bet is to find a sidewalk shoe repair person. Usually they have a rack of laces. Stock up. I even went to shoe stores and they just shrugged....

Really,it just took me about 30 seconds,they have about 60 different types all of which they deliver to your door.

http://www.lazada.co.th/hks-round-athletic-shoelaces-sport-sneakers-shoe-laces-3263304.html

487 Baht? The lady at KSK charged 20-60 Baht.

487 Baht? The lady at KSK charged 20-60 Baht.

I was waiting for the price comparison experts.

$13.00 for string? Yet people bitch about spending an extra $3 for a day in the park? I don't think I understand...

$13.00 for string? Yet people bitch about spending an extra $3 for a day in the park? I don't think I understand...

Yes the same people who drive around in incredibly overpriced motor vehicles,buy incredibly overpriced western foods and enjoy some of the kingdoms incredibly overpriced national parks.

Get over it,it's a pair of shoe laces for gods sake,not everyone who lives here scrutinises consumer goods and compares items to back home.

Funnily enough my link to a pair of shoe laces on Lazada was merely to highlight the fact that if you needed them they could be obtained very easily.

There are hundreds of other internet options such as eBay,Alibaba express which will offer them much cheaper.

I knew the resident price comparison experts would be spitting out their coffee at the price.

Found them at shopping plazza next to RAM hospital just a little bit further than Bata for 20 THB a pair.

In all lengths, diameters and colours you want.

Bought some pairs for my kids sport shoes at 20THB/pair.

You can get them also by post, but expect them more expensive...

500 THB is un-Thai !

Edited by Thorgal

Hubby just showed up last week with a new pair of laces in his walk-about-shoes -- bright screaming orange. They scared the cats the first time they saw them.

He reports that he got them from a shop in the basement of Kad Suan Kaew mall, near the kiosk that makes keys. It's a shop that sells athletic shoes and it has a good selection of shoe laces. What a concept -- a shop that sells shoes is selling shoe laces!

The next logical step after this thread is a how to tie your shoelaces post? lace them up crisis cross pattern or straight across? Is Cotton or synthetic best for the tropics? Velcro straps...is this the end of laces?

Shoes? Left those in the waste bin at Manchester Airport thumbsup.gif

The next logical step after this thread is a how to tie your shoelaces post? lace them up crisis cross pattern or straight across? Is Cotton or synthetic best for the tropics? Velcro straps...is this the end of laces?

Shoes? Left those in the waste bin at Manchester Airport thumbsup.gif

That's what we did with our winter coats. Well, almost. A friend gave us a ride to the Detroit airport on a blistery November day, much like today here in Chiang Mai, for us to embark on our retirement. Our last act was to take off our winter coats and hand them to him. "What am I suppose to do with these?" he asked. "Give them to a clothing drive" we said, we're never going anywhere again where we have to wear a winter coat.

Maybe we were a little hasty in that decision.

Ridiculing a newbie is so easy. Finding shoe laces takes more effort.

I am not ridiculing anyone this is a funny thread. Your "finding shoe laces takes more effort" was a good one! Lol as they say nowadays.

I wish you a speedy recovery after your sense of humour bypass operation.

Get well soon!