Parental Visa - needs a DNA test?

Hi All

I'm looking to renew my visa - and was considering the Guardian visa. I've been told it now requires a DNA test!!

1. The 500K baht has to be in your account for 2 months.
2. Your daughter will have to go to the immigration with you.
3. You'll need a letter from your daughter's school, proving that she is studying in Thailand
4. The letter from the Amphur office that you have full custody of your daughter
5. You and your daughter will have to go and get a DNA test at the Royal Police Hospital
6. Your daughter's birth certificate and/or any other documents which would prove that she is your daughter
7. Photos of you, your daughter and the mother of your daughter is needed at home. Showing the house address
8. A letter from the bank which cannot be older than 7 days to present it at the immigration
9. Immigration forms
10. Bank book and passport
This is based on the lawyers call into Immigration.
My thoughts are this could well be some officer at immigration just engaging their mouth before their brain is in gear.
Still the document on their site (http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/temporarystay/policy777-2551_en.pdf) just states "proof of relationship" - didn't realize they'd need a DNA test....
Cheers

Pete

There is no guardian visa or extension of stay.

There is an extension based upon being the parent of non Thai child attending school. That requires 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days for the first extension. The child must be on an extension based upon attending school. Only the birth certificate is needed to prove parenthood.

There is an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. It requires 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income. You must be the legal father of the child by marriage or legitimization.

There is no guardian visa or extension of stay.

There is an extension based upon being the parent of non Thai child attending school. That requires 500k baht in a Thai bank for 30 days for the first extension. The child must be on an extension based upon attending school. Only the birth certificate is needed to prove parenthood.

There is an extension of stay based upon being the parent of a Thai. It requires 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income. You must be the legal father of the child by marriage or legitimization.

It's the latter, I'm after. My daughters mother is Thai.

I do live with her - so I'm good there, just the DNA test threw me.

BTW - the lawyers will just be arranging the visa, so no real reason for them to give me requirements I don't need. The requirements came from immigration, but the DNA test is odd.

Evidently the lawyers were asking about the wrong thing. That is evident from the 500k baht number.

Not sure where the DNA test came from. Immigration does not require it for any extension that I am aware of. You might need it to prove your parenthood at an Amphoe.

Were you married to your child"s mother? If not have you legitimized your parent hood at an Amphoe or through the courts? If neither is yes then you will not be able to get an extension.