savannakhet multi entry non O based on marriage. Maximum length of time?

Hi TV,

I've been browsing the forums trying to find out the maximum length of time it's possible to stay on a multi entry non 'O' based on marriage from Savannakhet.

I read in another thread that 17 months is possible, but it didn't give an explanation as to how that could be done.

Another thing, my passport expires in a year. Can any use of the visa be continued into a new passport?

Thanks in advance for any advice. thumbsup.gif

• The visa is valid for 1 year from the date of issue.
  • Every time you enter you're granted a 90 day stay.
  • If you enter on or before the expiry date of the visa you're granted a 90 day stay.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days you can apply for a 60 extension of stay to visit your wife.

Yes. The visa stays valid even if the passport isn't. It stays in the original passport and you use both passports until the visa expires.

• If you enter on or before the expiry date of the visa you're granted a 90 day stay.
  • Towards the end of the 90 days you can apply for a 60 extension of stay to visit your wife.

Yes. The visa stays valid even if the passport isn't. It stays in the original passport and you use both passports until the visa expires.

Thanks for the info. For the 60 day extension, do you know what documents are required?

Thanks for the info. For the 60 day extension, do you know what documents are required?

Your wife will need to go to immigration with you. Plus......

• Original and copy of marriage certificate.
  • Copies of your wife's house book (Tabien Baan) and ID.
  • Copies of your passport: ID page, Visa, Entry stamp, departure card.
  • Maybe TM30 completed by the owner/house-master of the address you live at.
  • 1,900 baht.

You should have at least a year remaining on your passport to apply for the visa. The rules state 18 months is required.but that is not often enforced.

If your passport expires before the visa expires you can use both passports to use the visa in the old one after getting a new one.

May I ask please once you have visa and have been in for say 86 days you go for 60 day extension. My question is does the 60 day start on the day you get it or the day after the 90 days expires

All extensions start from the date your permit to stay ends.

So guys just to confirm, my Non Imm O Multi expires on the 16th Feb, can I go to a border crossing (Phu Nam Ron is my usual) on the 15th Feb and cross / come back and receive another 90 days on return? Is it better for me to go a few weeks before just in case? Thanks Paddy

You should have at least a year remaining on your passport to apply for the visa. The rules state 18 months is required.but that is not often enforced.

If your passport expires before the visa expires you can use both passports to use the visa in the old one after getting a new one.

If as in my case your passport has only a few empty pages left and so not enough to utilise a 1 year non o visa, can I then use a new passport along with the one I got the visa in to do say three monthly border runs or three monthly trips in? Or when the passport which has the visa in is full, do I need to go to immigration to have the visa transferred to my new passport?

If as in my case your passport has only a few empty pages left and so not enough to utilise a 1 year non o visa, can I then use a new passport along with the one I got the visa in to do say three monthly border runs or three monthly trips in? Or when the passport which has the visa in is full, do I need to go to immigration to have the visa transferred to my new passport?

Visas are never transferred.

You must use two passports if a valid visa is contained within a canceled passport.