Thai Aviation Dept issues instruction for 'child angel' carrying on planes

webfact

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find this whole saga rather depressing. Having lived in Thailand 35 years and now seeing grown people discuss in government board room meetings about whether a plastic toy is a passenger or baggage on an airline; it makes me realize I will never understand this country and whether the past 35 years have all been futile?

It's like going back in time 500 years or more. We modern people would not understand ancient tribes people. The only reason we *think* we can understand Thais is because they do a pretty good job of dressing up and pretending to be modern humans.

You only have to watch the "comedy" shows on tv, that pretty much sums it up.

If you buy an extra seat, you can tie your baggage on it? Is that legit?

EDIT: ah right, during takeoff and landing the freaks still need to be stuffed into the overheads.

Yes but what about the dolls?

I'd love to see the reaction if somebody took one of these things to EU or USA. Looney bin beckoning.facepalm.gifgigglem.gif

But special tickets by all means......as long as the even more 'special' owners and their plastic pals are put on 'special'flights away from more normal people.

What next....buying tickets for blow up sex dolls?

Yes, and dont forget the autopilot

I find this whole saga rather depressing. Having lived in Thailand 35 years and now seeing grown people discuss in government board room meetings about whether a plastic toy is a passenger or baggage on an airline; it makes me realize I will never understand this country and whether the past 35 years have all been futile?

It's like going back in time 500 years or more. We modern people would not understand ancient tribes people. The only reason we *think* we can understand Thais is because they do a pretty good job of dressing up and pretending to be modern humans.

This.

This is going on now for 5 days or so, right?!

I am still in shock & awe about this!

They are making regulations for this BS?

They are really wasting time on this?

This is REALLY a thing?

Jeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzuuuuuuuuzzzzzzzz!

This is REALLY a thing?

You clearly haven't been here long enough.

After a while the absurd becomes the new normal!

In the event of the plane having to make an emergency landing.How would the doll assume the 'crash' position?And would you now have to put the oxygen mask on the doll first?

If you paid attention to all the safety announcements you'd know that you should always put your mask on first before helping anyone else. After that I suppose it's up to you what you do.

On a more serious point would this be an issue if there were a problem during takeoff or landing. I assume the reason the window shades have to be up is so rescuers can see inside and assess the situation. In reduced visibility could a doll in a seat be confused with a human?

This is REALLY a thing?

Absolutely right. We had a dog neutered. We took him to the vet and then brought him home. When the time came to remove the stitches we collected the vet from his surgery and brought him to our house where he removed the stitches on the kitchen floor. Then I took him back. I think it's about 20 to 25 minutes each way. I seem to remember casually mentioning that it was a bit odd but nothing more than that. I went back to the UK for a bit to try to regain some grip on reality before coming back to enjoy it all again.

I have to say this ones a real cracker. The wife thinks they're stupid as well. Mind you I haven't mentioned the putting of water on the shelf in the living room yet.

This is REALLY a thing?

Been here for 8 years, have seen a lot of [email protected] tops everything I have seen!

By miles!

In the event of the plane having to make an emergency landing.How would the doll assume the 'crash' position?And would you now have to put the oxygen mask on the doll first?

If you paid attention to all the safety announcements you'd know that you should always put your mask on first before helping anyone else. After that I suppose it's up to you what you do.

On a more serious point would this be an issue if there were a problem during takeoff or landing. I assume the reason the window shades have to be up is so rescuers can see inside and assess the situation. In reduced visibility could a doll in a seat be confused with a human?

:lol:

Sorry.

This is REALLY a thing?

Been here for 8 years, have seen a lot of [email protected] tops everything I have seen!

By miles!

still, it's still not as ABSURD as the 64 year old 135 kg farang actually believing "him handsome man" according to 42 kg 21 year old cheesy.gif

my point is: no hope for the human race !

• 1 month later...