Do you have 3BB fiber optic at your house/condo

davidst01

I was thinking of hooking up 3BB fibre optic FTTx at my love pad. It says the speed is 30MBps/3Mbps and price is 1200 per month.

If you have 3BB can you comment on how good it is?

They are saying they want us to sign a 1 yr contract but they say that we can cancel. Have you had any contract issues in the past?

thanks

We live in Nakhon Phanom and have had a 3BB connection for 18 months. We are very satisfied with it, and my wife gets a discount on the price by paying for the whole year in advance.

We live in Pathum Thani and we have a 3 BB fibre optic connection since more than one year and we pay 1200 Baht/month.

Download speeds depend on the location of the server you connect to :

- from a Thai server we get indeed 30 MBps (or nearly) but from servers in Europe and in the USA we get usually around 20 MBps

- the only exception is Friday evening after 6 p.m. when it can go down to 10 MBps (to download torrents)

This is the best service at the best price we got in 20 years use of the internet.

I'm a bit puzzled by the 1200 baht. Paid 520 baht for a 3BB router ( Huawei ) and 630 baht a month thereafter, no mention of a one year contract. It's the 30 MBps service, seems to work fine, no pausing on YouTube.

Have just got this 3BB FTTx 30 down - 3 up fiber package in our new house, very pleased with it up to now.

Doing an actual speed test, downloading a well seeded 4GB torrent, and i was showing up to 3.4 gigabytes/sec download speed with seeding of up to 350 kilobytes, fastest i have had in Thailand. However, coming back to earth, the average download speed overall was 1.8 gigabytes/sec. Still very good, and this was by wi-fi, probably better with a LAN cable connected.

No problems with multiply connections which include streaming and online game play.

The speed does tend to reduce however through the IIG, tested by 3BB speedtest software.

i believe we are still paying monthly, but will likely change to the annual subscription.

This is in Phitsanulok........................wink.png

Edited by chrisinth

30Mbs fiber for 1200b here in Nonthaburi. 2.5 years w/ one outage for a few hours. In t-rocks name.

I've heard if a foreigner shows them the anti-discrimination laws they don't have to pay the year in full. Didn't know there was a discount for paying the year upfront. Could be worth considering.

Truelies and TOT = waste of time

I think the juries in.

We use that service in Samutprakan off Phrakasa Road and I find it highly reliable with speeds occasionally well above 30 Mbps, sometimes in the low 40's. We use it with multiple Wi-Fi connections as well as on our TV to get our programming via ilikehdTV. I recommend it to anyone.

Have just got this 3BB FTTx 30 down - 3 up fiber package in our new house, very pleased with it up to now.

Doing an actual speed test, downloading a well seeded 4GB torrent, and i was showing up to 3.4 gigabytes/sec download speed with seeding of up to 350 kilobytes, fastest i have had in Thailand. However, coming back to earth, the average download speed overall was 1.8 gigabytes/sec. Still very good, and this was by wi-fi, probably better with a LAN cable connected.

No problems with multiply connections which include streaming and online game play.

The speed does tend to reduce however through the IIG, tested by 3BB speedtest software.

i believe we are still paying monthly, but will likely change to the annual subscription.

This is in Phitsanulok........................wink.png

I've just noticed the mistake in the above post.....................facepalm.gif

For gigabytes, please read megabytes. (I would get myself in a lot of trouble if that was the actual download speed!)

We're thinking of getting fibre, although the 3BB ADSL 15/1.5 is stable here and significantly faster than we had in Johannesburg.

What's stopping me is that the 1,200 THB/month is at a 50% "introductory" discount and there's no knowing if/when they will raise the fee.

Any thoughts? Am I worrying about nothing?

wai.gif

We're thinking of getting fibre, although the 3BB ADSL 15/1.5 is stable here and significantly faster than we had in Johannesburg.

What's stopping me is that the 1,200 THB/month is at a 50% "introductory" discount and there's no knowing if/when they will raise the fee.

Any thoughts? Am I worrying about nothing?

wai.gif

unlikely as the AIS OFFER is 700b for 20/10

I have cat fibre optic " superb " my neighbour has 3 BB and they are a,ways up at his house trying to sort it out . I pay 1,600 baht a month but have to say it is worth every penny I can use my own router which allows me to set up different networks for when family stay where as with 3 BB there modem is built in to the system. Hope this helps !

I have cat fibre optic " superb " my neighbour has 3 BB and they are a,ways up at his house trying to sort it out . I pay 1,600 baht a month but have to say it is worth every penny I can use my own router which allows me to set up different networks for when family stay where as with 3 BB there modem is built in to the system. Hope this helps !

On 3bb you can also use your own router. It's the modem/router that is built in. Certainly a tidier concept for the vast majority of people! Also stop spying on your neighbour! Lol

I'm a bit lost as to what a lot of you IT dudes are talking about.All i know is,i have a 3bb connection from the telephone thingy to my router.it gives me excellent WI FI and I've never had a days problem.It fires up almost instantly.I paid 100 baht for the router and i pay 600 baht a month.Installation was free,and i thank god for it,'cos it keeps me in touch with my family,friends and my house back in the UK.I do all my online banking on it,i fact it keeps me in touch with the outside world,and of course the wise,sages that post on here.

3bb rock's

KKD

One question about optic fibre.

When providers install the optic fiber cable from their facility to your house do they also guarantee that there is a fiber optic cable from their facility back to the original source of the signal?

My knowledge of fiber connections is pretty limited. There are two types offered, FTTH & FTTX.

FTTH (fiber to the home) is pure fiber connection and FTTX (fiber to the curb) which is used by practically all providers here in Thailand for home connections, which will be run to a junction box and a separate cable run from the box to your home.

FTTH, yes, i would imagine that certainly for the price you would be paying the guarantee would be there.

FTTX, again i would imagine yes, at least from the junction box back to their switch.

Perhaps there is someone here with a bit more knowledge as i may be giving false info........................wink.png

In pretty sure that 3bb do Fiber to home as I have a fiber modem!

And I'm 100% certain that if you are paying 1,200 baht a month for the connection it will be a FTTX package.........................wink.png

All in what they advertise.

Edited by chrisinth