Government Will Maintain Elite Card

Ms Paitoon said that the programme could be scrapped, but the government would need provide one million baht refunds to each member. In addition, the government may incur further expenses from lawsuits that may arise from disgruntled members who bought the card because it would give them special privileges over many years...

gotta admit that if they stick with it etc...but...... :o

With the lifetime VISA and the commitment to support the program, I'am gettin the card just to same me the hassle of the VISA run. I also get the perks of free spa and limo that I can often use.. not bad eehhh....

Yep, an absolute 'steal'... :o

With 1,700 total cards and no applications during the last month would hardly be putting my money on it surviving much longer than the year of the current interim government myself.

I suppose my application (approved on Oct. 10) did not count then..

:o

With 1,700 total cards and no applications during the last month would hardly be putting my money on it surviving much longer than the year of the current interim government myself.

I suppose my application (approved on Oct. 10) did not count then..

:o

Twas September when they didn't receive any applications. I suppose with the 'old coupy going on folks wanted to wait and see if the country would implode.

I'd probably get one if I could be assured it would truly last.

Twas September when they didn't receive any applications. I suppose with the 'old coupy going on folks wanted to wait and see if the country would implode.

Hi I am Liz Smiley, wimbleton tennis player.

When I play tennis I chew extra.

Extra has no sugar added.

And a great taste that really lasts.

Voice over: Extra, the chewing gum with taste that really lasts

Maybe using the same logic, an elite card made of chewing gum is the answer?

Hi I am Liz Smiley, wimbleton tennis player.

When I play tennis I chew extra.

Extra has no sugar added.

And a great taste that really lasts.

Voice over: Extra, the chewing gum with taste that really lasts

Maybe using the same logic, an elite card made of chewing gum is the answer?

'Thunks Luz'

Dodgy ad with dodgy NZ uccunts all the way through :o

'Thunks Luz'

I thunk you mean 'thunksshh lissh' she had an odd sort of a lisshp that I never quite figured out.

Not only that but did she actually even play tennis at any great achievment level?

I knew there was a chance that one of above 3 people would get the reference; Samran me ol' pal, you've made my day!

Good as gold cobber. :-)

'Thunks Luz'

I thunk you mean 'thunksshh lissh' she had an odd sort of a lisshp that I never quite figured out.

Not only that but did she actually even play tennis at any great achievment level?

I knew there was a chance that one of above 3 people would get the reference; Samran me ol' pal, you've made my day!

Good as gold cobber. :-)

It gets scarier that I know this ad....

There is one bit in the ad where 'lissh shmilly' hands a stick of gum to one of her male playing partners...with his answer being a thick south island 'Thunks Luz'.

Me and my mates at school used to piss ourselves with the dodgy kiwi bloke's accent and liz smiley's lisp.

Along with :

'what's it called' lotsa noodles

Worth a crack Nigel

and

Eh Brucie

I think my brother and I still use all these references in every day conversation. A scary thought indeed!

And just as scary is a party at Tony Brown's house once he gets his Elite card. Mind you, that might have been a bit after your time in Kiwiland.

Ex Accenture aye? I might have to rethink things with you :-)

Along with :

'what's it called' lotsa noodles

Worth a crack Nigel

and

Eh Brucie

I think my brother and I still use all these references in every day conversation. A scary thought indeed!

And just as scary is a party at Tony Brown's house once he gets his Elite card. Mind you, that might have been a bit after your time in Kiwiland.

Ex Accenture aye? I might have to rethink things with you :-)

Never lived in Kiwi land, though my wife and bubs are nationals. The 'extra' chewing gum commercial was played in OZ, as was the lotsa noodles ad, which just goes to show that NZ is really just the 7th Australian state.

As for the accenture comment....well I'll let that through to the keeper. Not that I mind the comment, I didn't hang around terribly long!

• 3 weeks later...

Elite Card project under review

The future of Thailand Privilege Card Co and Thai Longstay Management Co hangs in the balance now that their cost-effectiveness and management efficiency will be reviewed.

Tourism and Sports Minister Suvit Yodmani said yesterday that the evaluation of the effectiveness of the two companies set up by the previous government would be completed in one or two months. Both companies have been operating for three years.

Thailand Privilege Card (TPC) was set up to sell and manage memberships of the one-million-baht Elite Card that promises privileges to high-heeled tourists. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) owns 100% in TPC with registered capital 500 million baht. It was told to attract one million subscribers by 2008. But so far only 1,734 memberships have been sold.

Mr Suvit said that after reviewing TPC, the committee would re-evaluate the performance of Thai Longstay Management Co (TLM). It has no members so far but recently floated a novel long-term property leasing proposal to attract foreigners.

full article http://www.bangkokpost.com/Business/10Nov2006_biz39.php