Plastic rice found in Nakhon Nayok

webfact

Plastic rice found in Nakhon Nayok

2801001-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Nakhon Nayok provincial police have launched an investigation to find out the source of plastic rice which was found to be mixed in a sack of rice bought from a market in Muang district.

The finding of the plastic rice was reported to Muang district police by the owner of a bungalow and his Cambodian employee on Wednesday. The employee, Ms Sherry Pun, told the police that she bought a sack of rice at 450 baht from a vendor at Wang Krajome market in Muang district.

She said when she cooked the rice she found some of the rice appeared transparent and uncooked. She added she took a closer look and found they were plastic.

Ms Sherry said she had seen from Facebook about plastic rice being found mixed with rice in Cambodia. She set the rice on fire and found they burn.

Plastic rice was first reported in China along with fake eggs.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/148411

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-01-28

My Thai family grow special rice to meet the families annual rice needs which is very good. Then I go out to eat and 90% of the time the rice served is rubbish! Maybe the plastic rice is more widespread than first thought?

To make money from this crime, it would have to be done on quite a large scale involving machinery for mixing and bagging.

It's also most likely that the mixing and bagging was done in Thailand.

It shouldn't be too hard to track down.

Yes and when you add up the total cost to produce the fake, surely it would be more than growing the real stuff.

They could try feeding it to the pidgeons, but maybe they are to smart to fall for that.

I have seen many a pile of rice in this country outside drying while pidgeons walk all over it crapping in it, I would have thought no one in the world would ever buy rice after seeing this.

Then look at the roofs of the rice storage barns with thousands of pidgeons on them , they do nothing about it as these are reincarnated soi dogs.

Plastic rice maybe better for you.

My Thai family grow special rice to meet the families annual rice needs which is very good. Then I go out to eat and 90% of the time the rice served is rubbish! Maybe the plastic rice is more widespread than first thought?

Please advise if you go to a local rice seller and buy a small bag if that rice when cooked is similar or much worse than the rice you eat at home with

your Thai family. I would really like to know, I currently don't know anyone, personally, with their own rice field. Thanks!

Please advise if you go to a local rice seller and buy a small bag if that rice when cooked is similar or much worse than the rice you eat at home with

your Thai family. I would really like to know, I currently don't know anyone, personally, with their own rice field. Thanks!

Many families who have rice farms do not like the quick growing poor quality rice that they can sell. They will keep a small section of the farm for rice which is either a different variety or grown without the artificial growth enhancement that current sold rice has. It may not be organic but it is way way better than the sold stuff but yields are much lower.

Fake rice along with fake eggs, handbags, watches and just about anything you can name. I had a fake iPhone 5, when apple were only up to number 4, haha. Made in China of course !!

But has anyone thought, maybe a bit of it in with the real rice may be good you you ? fiber and ruffage in the diet cleans out your intestine and bowel.

Anyone have any knowledge on this ?

And it also stops all those old plastic bags for ending up in the ocean !!!!

About as nutritious and flavoursome as the real stuff.

Guess you're not a big rice fan..................

Love the stuff,we eat it twice a day,it just does very little for me from a taste perspective and its nutritional content.

Like everything once you fry the stuff its actually very tasty,but we all know fried food is bad for you.

They could try feeding it to the pidgeons, but maybe they are to smart to fall for that.

I have seen many a pile of rice in this country outside drying while pidgeons walk all over it crapping in it, I would have thought no one in the world would ever buy rice after seeing this.

Then look at the roofs of the rice storage barns with thousands of pidgeons on them , they do nothing about it as these are reincarnated soi dogs.

Plastic rice maybe better for you.

Learn to cook.

First, wash the rice...

Boiling kills bad stuff.

Hope you are a vegan, or never see real food production... you're in for a big shock...