Cm Mass Transit Or Mass Confusion

Gonzo the Face

Can anyone give some information on what is happening with the new buses and their Routes

The Number 2 bus used to run right in front of my place on about a 15 minute schedule. Now one would be lucky to find one an hour.... sometimes there are other bus numbers that I have never seen before like 11, 12, 13.... I have even seen the buses now by Thapae Gate.

There seems to be some truth to the fact that the bus drivers, at least some of them were former Songtaow drivers, as it seems if there are only one or two persons they will go where you want to go instead of the pre planned route..

The use of the buses on the # 2 route was steadly growing as more and more people began to understand the timing and routing, then all of a sudden people are standing and waiting for an hour and most of the time give up. Hellofaway to run a bus line...

They have also removed all the colorful advertising that was on the buses.

Any one got any info on any of this and maybe some type of new route map [if there is one] can be scanned and posted

and how about the new refit on some of the tuk tuks..... I think they are pretty snazzy.... looks good .... wonder who is doing that ?

Can anyone give some information on what is happening with the new buses and their Routes

The Number 2 bus used to run right in front of my place on about a 15 minute schedule. Now one would be lucky to find one an hour.... sometimes there are other bus numbers that I have never seen before like 11, 12, 13.... I have even seen the buses now by Thapae Gate.

There seems to be some truth to the fact that the bus drivers, at least some of them were former Songtaow drivers, as it seems if there are only one or two persons they will go where you want to go instead of the pre planned route..

The use of the buses on the # 2 route was steadly growing as more and more people began to understand the timing and routing, then all of a sudden people are standing and waiting for an hour and most of the time give up. Hellofaway to run a bus line...

They have also removed all the colorful advertising that was on the buses.

Any one got any info on any of this and maybe some type of new route map [if there is one] can be scanned and posted

and how about the new refit on some of the tuk tuks..... I think they are pretty snazzy.... looks good .... wonder who is doing that ?

Sorry I don't know about the buses, Gonzo ....except that they have been behaving strangely lately as you say. I am enjoying the new "discotuks": very funky.

Things are progressing ... Today I saw them making a new bus shelter on Wualai (direction Chiang Mai Gate). ... Let's hope the busses won't have to load/unload too many passengers on that stretch during day times --- as opposed to sorng thaos blocking traffic - you can't get past the busses even on a two-wheeler ...

Saw lots of think ..No 6 buses passing while sitting in the Sportsman Bar at the airport last Sunday...so at least one sticking to its route... :D

I guess that this is a start BUT unless you drive to the airport and then take a ride on the # 6 you wouldn't know what it's route is (and then it would probably go on a different route the next time) Oh well !! :o

Saw lots of think ..No 6 buses passing while sitting in the Sportsman Bar at the airport last Sunday...so at least one sticking to its route... :D

I guess that this is a start BUT unless you drive to the airport and then take a ride on the # 6 you wouldn't know what it's route is (and then it would probably go on a different route the next time) Oh well !! :o

The Bus Station for 6 was just before Central Airport Plaza and then went to the airport. It leaves the airport and wanders around like a drunken sailor until it gets back to the station. In town, out by U of CM, past Carrefoure. I think the other busses use the same station.... someone might be able to get a route map there. (I didn't see an actual station, just a place where all the waiting busses were, but some sort of organization was present)

I used the airport bus several times until they started going a completely differnt route that is useless to me. I am afraid to use the busses now, as I haven't the slightest idea where they go. :D

Doubt if anyone does ..including the bosses........ :o

Maybe they could be renamed ..."Mystery Tours of C.M.".... :D