Can they refuse to renew my retirement extension on grounds of absence?

Just checking, just checking!....

For the last few years I've lived most of year in Pattaya, just returning to the UK for a month or so, twice a year. Unfortunately in 2015 this routine was broken and I've been stuck in the UK for the last nine months sorting out family issues. I'm planning to return to Thailand in March in time to go to Chonburi immigration in Jomtien to renew my retirement extension and multiple-entry re-entry permit. Both are due to expire at the end of April.

What this means is that I'll have been out of Thailand for almost all of the year covered by my current retirement extension.

So I'm just checking because, well, this is Thailand smile.png Has anyone ever heard of immigration refusing to renew a retirement extension on the grounds that "No you can't have a new retirement extension because you hardly used the last one we gave you"? Or maybe "No you can't have a new retirement extension because you obviously haven't retired to Thailand"?

I have been on Extension of Stay based on marriage for the past 8 years. I am outside of Thailand working 9 - 10 months out of the year.

The amount of time I spend in-country has never come up...only how "messy" my passport is, with the various visas and lots of stamps.

Based on several reports I have received, Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration has recently been requiring additional proof of residence such as copy of House Book and copy of ID card if your landlord is Thai or if you own a condo, a copy of Chanote (showing you own the condo), or if company owned, a copy of Chanote showing company owns and copy of documents showing you are Managing Director.

Also, about 2 months ago, an Australian friend of mine ran into a problem when he presented his bank book and letter showing his 800k in Thai bank - his practice was to have one account with the required amount which he never added/withdrew any funds - Pattaya Immigration Officer wouldn't accept it because it had no transactions during the year -- he had to go to his bank and deposit and withdraw some funds, get a new bank letter, and return to Immigration - they then accepted his bank information. Whim of that Immigration Officer or Policy Change applicable to all - who knows, TIT.

Re bank book and letter. I went to bkk imm for 12 month extension. Had the bank letter done previous day. The officer made my tgf nip downstairs to bank and deposit 100baht. Wanted to see activity on the day

Based on several reports I have received, Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration has recently been requiring additional proof of residence such as copy of House Book and copy of ID card if your landlord is Thai or if you own a condo, a copy of Chanote (showing you own the condo), or if company owned, a copy of Chanote showing company owns and copy of documents showing you are Managing Director.

Also, about 2 months ago, an Australian friend of mine ran into a problem when he presented his bank book and letter showing his 800k in Thai bank - his practice was to have one account with the required amount which he never added/withdrew any funds - Pattaya Immigration Officer wouldn't accept it because it had no transactions during the year -- he had to go to his bank and deposit and withdraw some funds, get a new bank letter, and return to Immigration - they then accepted his bank information. Whim of that Immigration Officer or Policy Change applicable to all - who knows, TIT.