Open Bank Account Online in the US by non-US/citizen non-US resident

My broker in the US offers free international Bank wires, but not longer to Thailand at all. I could transfer money to my Bankaccount in my homecountry and transfer it further to Thailand.

I would prefer it, to transfer to a US Bank Account and then, when i need it send it to my account in TH.

Is there a way to open a US account, online, as a non US resident / non US citizen? It could be a (i guess you call it) checking account. Debit- or Creditcard would be nice, but not necessary.

Thanks for any hint.

It looks like, i could found a company in some states like Delaware very ease and cheap. And with that i could open a bank account on the name of that company. But, i'm in need only for a US bank account. I'm definitely not afraid of AEIO or FATCA. In some way, it looks strange that US citizens abroad faces their own obstacles, as non-US citizens who but in a different way.

Edited by alocacoc

Try Schwab One International account with Charles Schwab. it's an investment account but also works as a bank. You can invest in US stocks and ETF's but not mutual funds. Transfer your stocks and ETF's to avoid selling and having to pay capital gain tax. You can get an ATM that works worldwide , online transfer is also possible.

If you have Bangkok Bank account in Thailand give broker Bangkok Banks New York address and your account number in Thailand. Do not mention actual account location. BB NY will forward to your branch in Thailand using your account number.

Its worth a try.

Yes, it is. There is another topic were someone got refused (by the same broker) to do a wire to the Bangkok Bank branch in NY. I sent him a pm, may be he got it sorted out. That would be great. Unfortunately i have only an account at SCB and KK. But shouldn't be a problem to open a new account at Bangkok Bank.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/840689-tdameritrade-refuses-to-wire-money-to-thailand/

Regarding using in-Thailand Bangkok Bank account via use of their NY branch routing number keep in mind you can only "send" money to your Bangkok Bank account; you can not use the NY branch routing to "pull" money from your Bangkok Bank account.

It looks like, i could found a company in some states like Delaware very ease and cheap. And with that i could open a bank account on the name of that company.

You will have to pay yearly company tax (a few hundred dollars for a company without revenue) and you also need a registered agent (U.S. company address).

But the company route is likely the easiest option for a foreigner to open a U.S. bank account, though it might still be tough to open it online, a trip to the states might be required.

Thanks WorkingTourist.

What about HCBC?

Welcome to HSBC's online account opening process.

1. If a non-US citizen, you will need your Resident Alien Card (Green Card) or complete passport information.

https://quickaccount.us.hsbc.com/jsp/oao/relc/appbase/oao_index.jsp?&homeid=99992052&code=

It seems, the entire procedure to open an account is possible to do online.

Edited by alocacoc