Visiting Buriram For 1st Time

glenbat

well, its a possibility. Only been to Thailand twice, both times to Pattaya earlier this year. Looking to come back early next year and maybe see other regions, and am undecided over Kanchanaburi or Buriram. The Buriram decision was partly made as a girl I met while in Patts has returned home there to her family and child.

Obviously I dont want to turn up to be greeted by a thai husband/boyfriend, but would be nice to see somewhere other than Pattaya and thought I could combine the 2. She has invited me and would like to see her

does this sound like a crazy idea or am i being overly cautious?

Many thanks in advance

glen

well, its a possibility. Only been to Thailand twice, both times to Pattaya earlier this year. Looking to come back early next year and maybe see other regions, and am undecided over Kanchanaburi or Buriram. The Buriram decision was partly made as a girl I met while in Patts has returned home there to her family and child.

Obviously I dont want to turn up to be greeted by a thai husband/boyfriend, but would be nice to see somewhere other than Pattaya and thought I could combine the 2. She has invited me and would like to see her

does this sound like a crazy idea or am i being overly cautious?

Many thanks in advance

glen

็Hi Glen

Give it a go, if you don't you may forever wonder ....what if?

The worst that can happen is that you visit somewhere you don't like.

Life is about taking chances...good luck

TBWG :o

Hi there Glenbat,

I agree with tbwg, tgwb, btgw!!! wish some guys would make it simple!!

Anyhow, there are lots of us guys around in Buriram and neighbouring Surin who would warmly welcome you if in the vicinity, but like Essex, or Cheshire..........Buriram is a province as well as a town. Try and pinpoint a little more directly where your GF is and where you think you will be visiting, you may then discover a more direct response from the local Farang fraternity. Take care and we hope to see you in Buriram province soon............ :o

Hi there Glenbat,

I agree with tbwg, tgwb, btgw!!! wish some guys would make it simple!!

Hi Rayban

You can call me TB its not infectious :o

Somehow Tall Glasses With Bloke does not quite flow :D

Tall Bloke With Glasses :D

PS Hope Glenbat takes the plunge!

Hi Glenbat

I agree with TB and RB excuse me for the shortcuts, just making my presence fealt here again have ing been away in the big Bkk for a 7 day break.

There are a lot of us in an around Burriram, I am told there are 500 Frarngs in Burriram town and that does not include those of us living in the suburbs (Or Jungle as I call it)

Ask we will help if we can.

macb

Thanks people, put me old mind at ease already! She says she lives in downtown Buriram? (sounds to me like american talk) is there such a place?

She sent me a pic of her in her home and it looks like a hut/wooden place rather than a proper brick built place

Thanks people, put me old mind at ease already! She says she lives in downtown Buriram? (sounds to me like american talk) is there such a place?

She sent me a pic of her in her home and it looks like a hut/wooden place rather than a proper brick built place

Hi Glenbat

This style of dwelling is normal in and around Issan, I have a home in neighbouring Surin and most people around are living happy (clean) healthy lives like that. You will meet friendly locals who will treat you with respect and interest (I'v had a few little kids crying cos I'm the first White skin they've seen!!) GREAT FUN ! GIVE IT A TRY AND THEN YOU CAN TELL PEOPLE YOU HAVE SEEN 'REAL' THAILAND AND NOT JUST PATTAYA. After all, you would not direct tourists to Brixton, if they wanted to experiece the delights of London, would you, HO HO !!!

Good Luck :o

Whats the name of her village: there really is no downtown Burriram, living qualities in the villages are not what the average Farang would be used to, but its there lifestyle and culture they don't know any different, but they are still human beings and are happy with there lifestyle.

I can remember a time when I lived in the UK in a flat as a youth and thinking Cor! wish I had a nice house like that and a nice car.As the years rolled by I achieved my dreams, the best dream being where I am now. The Thais in there houses think the same way we do but it would be a passing thought where as us Farangs would dwell on it for ages.

Its Wonderful I love it and also making new friends as well.

macb

Thanks macb, i'll speak with her this week and find out a village/area name. I admire the way the Thai's are so happy (is that the right word?), even only spending 4 weeks with them, I was amazed at how happy they seem even with the basics. Within minutes of arriving back home, try catching a girls eye at Heathrow, nothing. Not even a smile back. They probably have a brand new car outside, their own flat, 3 holidays a year an a wardrobe full of deisgner clothes, why oh why be so bloody miserable?

I've spent the last 2 months thinking about this and realised its not what you have that makes you happy, its what you make of what you have.

I'm hoping I love the rest of Thailand as much as I think i will, and already weighing up my options regarding making the jump across. I'm fortunate enough to have no ties here in UK and would hate to get to 60 and think... 'what if?'

Apologies if i'm getting all deep lol just I cant seem to stop thinking about the place :o

Edited by glenbat

Thai's are so happy (is that the right word?), even only spending 4 weeks with them, I was amazed at how happy they seem even with the basics.

I'm hoping I love the rest of Thailand as much as I think i will, and already weighing up my options regarding making the jump across. I'm fortunate enough to have no ties here in UK and would hate to get to 60 and think... 'what if?'

Apologies if i'm getting all deep lol just I cant seem to stop thinking about the place :o

Kudos for you for having these thoughts (and they're entirely understandable) but please (and I'm not trying to be funny here only sincere) leave the rose tinted specs in your suitcase. Come and have a great time by all means but it's not all "Land Of Smiles" in the villages. If you are serious after your trip about moving here keep a level head on your shoulders and you'll be fine.

macb

Just read through your blog, excellent and sounds like your really settling into the lifestyle and enjoying it (lucky git). Photos are great loads of smiling faces and a large family to spend time with

Congratulations on the baby new and good luck, let us know when the big day comes!

glenbat

I've spent the last 2 months thinking about this and realised its not what you have that makes you happy, its what you make of what you have.

Good reasoning, wish more people would adopt that attitude.

TBWG :o