Deadline given to Pattaya Police to clear massive backlog of cases

rooster59

On a per capita basis, here are the numbers of police (per 100,000 capita) in a few countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

Australia 217

Norway 222

England 227

New Zealand 247

Germany 296

Austria 326

Netherlands 328

Thailand 344

USA 348

Singapore 752

You would think that with 344 coppers per 100,000 people (about the same as the USA), the BIB could at least solve a few crimes.

I mean Jesus, that's 230,000 of the buggers. It just goes to show how thoroughly inept and corrupt they are.

Are Generals and other ranking officers included?. Reminds me of my trip to the local hospital. There was a high ranking cop sitting there waiting for service and he had 2 aides fluttering around him. I imagine the higher the rank the more flutterers you get assigned to you. As there is a preponderance of ranking officers here who have aide de ??s one wonders who is left to do the actual work. I so seldom see a cop here its like spotting a vanishing species. Oh sorry I saw one in the gold shop two days ago. Collections? Spotting a cop these days is like bird watching no not the girls.
Not collections. Hes buying gold to mia noi from the money he got from you last week...

Police Colonel Sarape says: I am really sorry guys, but you need to do some police work. I know it comes as a surprise. But, we are getting some pressure, as virtually everyone is seeing right through our charade, and we at least need to appear to be doing actual police work. OK? Are you guys OK with that? Can you do it? Will you do it? Please, please, please. I know I have never asked this of your before, but lets make an exception, and try to solve just a few cases, OK? Please.

Hey Spidermike, you forgot a tiny fragment in the beginning. A "good friend of mine" was there and it actually went like this: "I am really sorry guys, you know, I never, ever asked you for anything but my fair cut, but now you need to do some police wor...." continues the way you correctly recalled... smile.png

Edited by MockingJay

True that. In reality the current government and all of the administrations of the past, have to take responsibility for all of the shortcomings of the RTP (really the RCD - revenue collection department). I believe it was more or less a quid pro quo, when they were formed. We will pay you an inadequate wage, give you insufficient training, poor equipment, horrifically inadequate and substandard forensic and laboratory equipment, and in exchange you will be given uniforms to make your appearance look official, but you will not really be expected to do the hard work most police around the world are expected to do. Instead, you are free to extort money out of the public and the business community. We will not say anything, nor will we come after you for doing so. We agree and understand this is required, as you have to make a living, and we are not providing that.

They are about as immune to prosecution as the American bankers. So, they do as they please, and rarely ever conduct police work. When they do, as is the case in dark tao, they foul it up to no end, as they do not have the experience, plus their decisions are always based on the status quo, and politics.

It would be all so easy to haul in poor old dumb Somchai and scrag his sorry ass with 100 of those outstanding cases. He'll confess, of course. So expe ct Pattaya to be crime-free in a week or two, and a certain police general will be so in thrall at the brilliant police work that he'll find some reward money from somewhere to give to the local rozzers.

Imagine the turmoil in the ranks, though, if there are mass reassignments. It cost those cops big bucks to get assigned to cashed up Pattaya. They need to recoup their "investments". Being kicked out before that can happen and being replaced by rozzers who have not paid a single baht for such a lucrative posting will be extremely galling to them. The repercussions ... ummm ...

A huge backlog of cases ? You don't say ...

Last time I went to Pattaya Police Station, I saw officers running around like busy bees, being incredibly efficient, smiling to everyone, answering several questions at a time, being nice to people who had committed minor offences, handling serious cases with the utmost seriousness ...

... and then I woke up.

YOU go and work there every day and smile and be efficient, with all that formidable support from colleagues and superiors...

A huge backlog of cases ? You don't say ...

Last time I went to Pattaya Police Station, I saw officers running around like busy bees, being incredibly efficient, smiling to everyone, answering several questions at a time, being nice to people who had committed minor offences, handling serious cases with the utmost seriousness ...

... and then I woke up.

YOU go and work there every day and smile and be efficient, with all that formidable support from colleagues and superiors...

Interesting reaction ... well, in case you haven't noticed, workplaces are usually full of colleagues and superiors, with most of the former not supporting you in the least and superiors acting superior. Yep, that's the sad reality of most workplaces.

So ... are you saying that this sad reality justifies being unpleasant to the 'customers', inefficient in your job and bullying whoever you can simply because you can ?

Policemen are not the only ones who have a rough time in their jobs, Sir. Almost everyone has a rough time in their job, simply because almost everyone is not the boss, and no, it is no excuse for arrogance, pettiness and incompetence, because none of the three are likely to make your job more bearable anyway.

The police man nearest the camera don't looks too happy about that, LOL.

It good somebody kick their asses to get thing moving.

Maybe he is unhappy because he has not any cases to work on going by him not having any scrap of paper in front of him. No chance for a REWARD.

The police man nearest the camera don't looks too happy about that, LOL.

It good somebody kick their asses to get thing moving.

He is losing money while sitting there listening to the boss waffle on, tourists to harass!!

Example - my wife's sister had a car on finance. Was persuaded to rent it out to assist bank repayments. Female Thai renter absconded with car & sold it. Sister had to pay bank for years with no car. Finally the crook was spotted by the sister and she called the police. After two journeys to two police stations (Jomtien & Pattaya) with the culprit in tow, police demanded 10K to begin proceedings. The sister (a nurse) had not got that sort of money. Three years down the line the culprit has disappeared (along with 2 other cars!) Police have still not got their arse in gear.

Example - my wife's sister had a car on finance. Was persuaded to rent it out to assist bank repayments. Female Thai renter absconded with car & sold it. Sister had to pay bank for years with no car. Finally the crook was spotted by the sister and she called the police. After two journeys to two police stations (Jomtien & Pattaya) with the culprit in tow, police demanded 10K to begin proceedings. The sister (a nurse) had not got that sort of money. Three years down the line the culprit has disappeared (along with 2 other cars!) Police have still not got their arse in gear.

Your SIL's mistake was in believing them to be real police force. They've sort of been privatized and so only work for those who can pay the fee.

Seems like people think all crimes are solvable when the reality is that even in the UK some statistics are interesting .....

* Nationwide in 2006, 15.8 percent of property crimes were cleared and 18.0 percent of arson offenses were cleared

The likelihood is that pressure is on to clear the local backlog either by solving some or deciding that they cannot be solved due to lack of evidence or too much time has passed.

Cases comes in daily in significant numbers which pile up while old case are still hanging around. Cant see the need for too much police bashing in all this.

They should have all gone down Walking Street to arrest the maybe hundreds of Russians working without work permits - as door girls, prostitutes, waitresses, dancers, promoters - oh, and the managers of the bars on human trafficking, work permit and licensing violations. And they could grab the guy doing the 3-D vision spectacles, all operating thirty paces away from some of the officials and tourist police sitting at those tables.

I wonder why they didn't and don't (except for that half-assed cosmetic raid a couple of weeks ago.)

On a per capita basis, here are the numbers of police (per 100,000 capita) in a few countries:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_and_dependencies_by_number_of_police_officers

Australia 217

Norway 222

England 227

New Zealand 247

Germany 296

Austria 326

Netherlands 328

Thailand 344

USA 348

Singapore 752

You would think that with 344 coppers per 100,000 people (about the same as the USA), the BIB could at least solve a few crimes.

I mean Jesus, that's 230,000 of the buggers. It just goes to show how thoroughly inept and corrupt they are.

Unfortunately, 312 of the Thai's are on inactive posts

Edited by Phatcharanan