Wha happened to this thread?

ExpatOilWorker

Trying to figure out how fast Chrome refreshes the index of Thaivisa pages I searched for a topic that was removed (hidden from view) on 2016-01-28 13:20:42 UTC an it no longer shows up in the search results.

Google re-indexes the pages of web sites with high traffic and frequently changing content faster than other web sites, which means that the Thaivisa site gets re-indexed more frequently than many others, so it won't be much longer until the Chinese guest topic drops out of the index. Thaivisa does it own refreshing of the index on its server overnight (Thai time), I believe, and perhaps after that Chrome will reflect that. I don't really know the technicalities of all this.

I just realised that the screenshot in the OP is not from a web search but from a Thaivisa web page. I am not sure from what page, but doing a search of topics in which Simon43 posted I see that it is no longer listed:

post-21260-0-31389400-1454154549_thumb.p

I just realised that the screenshot in the OP is not from a web search but from a Thaivisa web page. I am not sure from what page, but doing a search of topics in which Simon43 posted I see that it is no longer listed:

attachicon.gifSimon43 content.png

Search function, in the top right hand corner. Still there.

Why was it actually deleted, removed, hidden.....?

post-119133-0-77945200-1454155102_thumb.

Careful EOW, that's heading towards "discussing moderation", suffice it to say it was discussed amongst the mods and deemed inappropriate (whilst being totally accurate).

Didn't mean to step on some live wires. It was just a funny thread last I checked and then gone. Just wondering, but I don't mind whatever you guys decide to delete.