Transfer of Re-Entry Permit to New Passport

Hello everyone, I went to Bangkok immigration yesterday to transfer stamps to my new passport. I have a multiple re-entry stamp in my old passport which I received at Don Muang in October of Nocember. The immigration officer told me that in order to transfer my multiple re-entry stamp, I have to go to the re-entry stamp station at Don Muang, the explanation being that the stamp says Don Muang. She said that this will cost nothing. Has anyone had any experience doing this? I was planning on my next flight being out of Suvarnabhumi, so I'd appreciate any feedback or guidance regarding this situation in order to help avoid any unpleasant surprises.

My belief is that transferring the re-entry stamp, if even possible, is optional. The re-entry stamp in the old passport (like a visa) should still be valid. You would simply present both the old and new passports on entry, pointing at the re-entry stamp in the old passport.

• Like 1

I find it odd that immigration refused to transfer you re-entry permit when they transferred your other stamps. It should not matter where it was issued.

Are you on extensions of stay or do you perhaps have a OA visa entry that you have the permit for?

• 3 weeks later...

So, to follow up, I departed Don Muang yesterday, went to the Re-Entry office, and at first they said that re-entry stamps could not be transferred at that office. Then the officer noticed that the stamp was issued at Don Muang before, apologized, and said that stamps issued at Bangkok immigration couldn't be transferred, but they could indeed move one that was previously issued at Don Muang. I held my old passport open for her while she stamped the new one and got her colleague to sign off on it, only took about 5 minutes and all the staff were quite friendly.

In addition, I flew Nok international for the first time, which also was quite a decent service, unlike some of the times I'd flown them on domestic routes over the last five years. However, our flight was delayed by a mob of angry Chinese, who decided to block the passengers on my flight from boarding in reaction to their flight being delayed. The men were screaming, whistling, clapping in the faces of, and making obscene gestures to the poor ground staff who showed up to handle boarding for my flight, while the women screamed and mocked them from behind. Finally a group of security officers came, the men instantly hid or backed down, and they created order for us to get on our flight.

• Like 1