Bogus Ben's

Gonzo the Face

I can not comment on the queer Ben's in CM but I can tell you that 2 weeks ago my wife was passed 4 phony US 100's at KLIA airport in KL, Malaysia while on her way back to the US,so it is evident that phony bills are being circulated in SEA.

When she became aware of the fact (back in the US) that a Malaysian bank sponsored exchange window had passed them on, it seems evident that the bank was more than willing to pass off it's losses to unsuspecting and trusting customers. : :D

She has no recourse but to eat the loss as any attempt to recover them without documented proof of their origin can only land her in trouble with the law. :o

As a means of protecting your investment it might not be a bad idea to add the serial numbers of the purchased currancy to the official receipt and request that the money changer sign the receipt as witness. (assuming willingness on the cashiers part to sign)

If anyone has any other ideas or solutions, would be happy to hear them.

Sorry for commandeering your thread Gonzo.

Has anyone seen anything in the English media regarding an American that was picked up a couple days ago in CM for passing or having a stash of queer US$100.'s

It was on the late TV news the other day and I have been able to find zilch elsewhere.

Any input?

gonzo

Edited by dvk1951

Has anyone seen anything in the English media regarding an American that was picked up a couple days ago in CM for passing or having a stash of queer US$100.'s

It was on the late TV news the other day and I have been able to find zilch elsewhere.

Any input?

gonzo

Yeah North Korean leader Kim Jong Il has been counterfeiting billions of USD 100's for years. The currency was being run thru crime syndicates on the Portugese Chinese island Macau for years. NK's is so aggresive at this that South Korea (KRW's) are forced to expire their currency at the end of every year. The Koreans make artwork out it and have special ceremonies for the worthless currency.

Just another reason why Kim Jong is kind of a Shxt head.

Off at a slight tangent,

I was at the night bizare a couple of days ago & in one area there were several stalls selling, amongst other things, piles of large silver coloured coins. they come with various markings but several said "US Trading Dollar" on them.

Does anyone know what they are & how they would come to be in Thailand, judgeing by the quantities they had, they must be fairly worthless.

In Thailand the Kasikorn bank does a neat photocopy minature of all the bills in sequence showing all the serial numbers....very nice touch I thought !!

Yes, Kasikorn Bank has improved enormously since I started dealing with them

about ten years ago.

Naka.