Police investigate suspected suicide of Dane's Wife at Pattaya Condominium

webfact

Police investigate suspected suicide of Dane's Wife at Pattaya Condominium

fall-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Late on Sunday Night, Police and Medics were called to a Condominium in Jomtien to investigate a suspected suicide of a Thai woman who appears to have jumped from the 15th floor.

Police arrived at the View Talay Jomtien Beach Condominium 2, Building B, and inspected the body of Khun Girawadee aged 35, who was lying in the ground floor car park next to a tree which she appears to have hit during her fall. Medics confirmed that an initial examination of her injuries indicated a fall from a high floor.

Investigators spoke with Mr. Edwin Piers aged 65 from Denmark, the Husband of the deceased woman, who indicated the couple had been together for 8 years and had two children together.

Earlier on Sunday Mr. Piers told Police the pair had gone to Pattaya Beach to watch the Bed Race Event and returned to the Condominium at approximately 8.30pm. Mr. Piers claims he went to the apartment first, and when he got to the room he received a text message from his wife detailing family issues which were upsetting her.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/221184/police-investigate-suspected-suicide-danes-wife-pattaya-condominium/#prettyPhoto

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-02-01

Interesting, how differently jump cases are handled wether its a foreigner or a Thai that jumps, suggest that Thais don't really believe it is such a popular way to kill oneself, except when it's a foreigner married to a Thai... Disgusting If I'm right... But purely speculation

The story is not very clear, he got to the apartment first , then heard a comotion on the ground floor, after recieving a txt he realised she had jumped.

So did she jump off the roof, or sneak into the apartment past him and jump?????\Very sad and very sad reporting.

RIP poor soul.

Edited by metisdead
Font.

Police are currently keeping an open mind on the case for now, after an inspection of their apartment did not appear to show any signs of a struggle. Although Police have detailed unusual marks on the victims back which will be examined further by forensic doctors during a post-mortem examination.

The case continues to be investigated at this time and Mr. Piers is fully cooperating with Police.

I wonder why its not an open and shut case as is with many non-Thai deaths...

Police are currently keeping an open mind on the case for now, after an inspection of their apartment did not appear to show any signs of a struggle. Although Police have detailed unusual marks on the victims back which will be examined further by forensic doctors during a post-mortem examination.

The case continues to be investigated at this time and Mr. Piers is fully cooperating with Police.

I wonder why its not an open and shut case as is with many non-Thai deaths...

Unusual marks on her back??? Don't think its an open / shut case. Need more forensics to determine the time of marks.

Interesting, how differently jump cases are handled wether its a foreigner or a Thai that jumps, suggest that Thais don't really believe it is such a popular way to kill oneself, except when it's a foreigner married to a Thai... Disgusting If I'm right... But purely speculation

Actually i see them looking and stating the same things.. no sign of a struggle (is always mentioned in farang deaths). Also this case it a bit different its confirmed here that there are 2 people present at the moment of suicide and that is almost never the case in farang jumpers.

So these cases are far from identical. But if you want to read bad intent in it be my guest.

Edited by robblok

Did they travel in the same elevator? Did they enter the apartment together? If the answer to both questions is Yes, why didn't she speak to him about the family's problems? Why text him? Too many questions, but unfortunately only one set of answers.

RIP young lady

Actually i see them looking and stating the same things.. no sign of a struggle (is always mentioned in farang deaths). Also this case it a bit different its confirmed here that there are 2 people present at the moment of suicide and that is almost never the case in farang jumpers.

So these cases are far from identical. But if you want to read bad intent in it be my guest.

your posts are always an example of balance thumbsup.gif

I am not pointing a finger here but it does look suspicious to say the least. Out on the town together and watched the Bed Races until 8 pm. No mention of a fight or argument. No mention from the wife she is having any problems whatsoever. Arrives home together. Then Wife sends text message she is having family problems and then jumps? Not likely! After being together for 8 years, and having kids together, you would think she would talk to him first before taking such a major step to end her life. I would first check with the family and her cell phone to determine if there really was a family problem or not, and to what extent. He may very well be innocent, but like you mentioned it is unusual for someone to commit suicide with your husband in the same room. Especially when she said nothing to him, like she was planning on jumping.

And also, cynical of me I know, there's a surviving Farang involved, so just maybe the BIB smell Bahts.....

If this poor lady were pushed, and did not jump, no one is going to be any the

wiser, given the absence of witnesses. (And one assumes that the children

were not present - perhaps living with grandparents?).

Where do Thai police and the prosecutors/ courts stand on circumstantial

evidence, though. For an example, how would they weigh "motive" (valuable

insurance policy on the life of the deceased, possibly)?

I am not impugning the husband, here. My question is purely academic.

What's the point in reporting she hit a tree on the Way down

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Because where she landed is a fair distance from the building. She may have bounced off a tree into that parking spot. That is unless they moved her off the grass. That is on the Jomtien side and I would guess 15-18' from the building.

The story is not very clear, he got to the apartment first , then heard a comotion on the ground floor, after recieving a txt he realised she had jumped.

So did she jump off the roof, or sneak into the apartment past him and jump?????\Very sad and very sad reporting.

RIP poor soul.

If it was a 1or 2 bedroom there are 2 balconies. She may have did it from the bedroom one. Had he been in the living room or kitchen at the time he would not have likely heard a thing.

What's the point in reporting she hit a tree on the Way down

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Duh? Maybe because she did and otherwise someone might query why there are tree branches lying beside the body? Just a thought.

RIP young lady.