Police launch investigation after body parts found in Chao Phraya River

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how everybody has a laugh at this brutal murder (probably). Quite a difference to the Koh Tao murders.blink.png

How so? The object of humor remains the same and smart people distance themselves with humor. It's when a person can't, they've got a problem.

Let's see.. The victim committed suicide by first cutting off his left leg then right then his left arm. Now that just leaves the right arm to decapitate himself. The only hiccup to a theory of suicide is that the right arm would be still attached which is impossible since a torso implies missing limbs. But don't underestimate the brilliance of investigations here. Stranger obvious homicides have been ruled suicides in Thailand.

Edited by Whyamiandwhatamidoinghere

what can they possibly mean by asian man i alwys thought thailand was part of asia or am i missing something here i suppose we will get to the nitty grittys later when they have put the parts together thats if they go together that is.

"......am i missing something here?"

No, I doubt that you are missing anything (unless, it's a body part), but the police officer making the statement was Thai and possibly failed to remember that Asia is a huge continent. He may have been more accurate had he stated that the body was possibly that of a southeast or eastern Asian, as opposed to an Irani, a Russian a Saudi Arabian or an Indian, or or etc..,

what a tricky suicide

Easy money!

Stand in a busy area with lots of boat propellers zipping past.... Discreetly pull a plastic bag over your head ( zip tie it in place, so a big breath may be needed)... Then jump in

The boat propellers can do the dismemberment.

“We still don’t know who he is, but at this moment, we believe it’s murder,” said Col. Montri Theskhan, commander of Nonthaburi City Police Station

Brilliant deduction, absolutely brilliant. But of course he might have dismembered himself committing suicide.

But they won't know for sure until they have seen the DNA evidence, which proves everything !

'Police stumped'.....same old same old then. No worries; if it's a Foreigner it's an obvious suicide !

Cannot be foreigner. No mentioned of the locked door from inside his apartment, after he left for the river. Nor is there any mention of a pile of cigarette butts any where on the banks of the river blink.png

Amazing how everybody has a laugh at this brutal murder (probably). Quite a difference to the Koh Tao murders.blink.png

Quite simply because the victim is "faceless" ( no pun intended) so there is no alternative way to react to it.

If this becomes more common, they might consider following India's example and introduce snapping turtles - a method of disposing of singed rather than cremated bodies.

Last I heard, the biggest problem was the Indians were eating the turtles faster than the turtles were eating the Indians.

Actually I was under the impression that the mutant fish in the Chao Praya would eat anything that fell in the water......

Police Stumped After Body Parts Fished Out of Chao Phraya

By Teeranai Charuvastra

Staff Reporter

14543109881454311071l.jpg

Police officers inspect a boat pier Saturday in Bangkok’s Bang Phlat district where a human arm washed up.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1454310988

kse.png

-- Khaosod English 2016-02-01

What a lovely photo. Thai people must feel so proud when they look at this.

"Pol Maj Gen Uthasin Ritruangdej, commander of the Metropolitan Police Bureau’s Division 7, said he has ordered investigators to look into missing person reports and cases, and look for clues about the victim."

Ordered? I would have thought the investigators would do this as a normal part of their investigations? Or is someone grandstanding?