Phuket underpass road works reopen with safety assurance

webfact

Phuket underpass road works reopen with safety assurance
Supatra Sutham

1454299306_1-org.jpg
The road has re-opened and workers have resumed full efforts on completing the underpass tunnel. Photo: Tanyaluk Sakoot

PHUKET: -- The section of the collapsed road beside the Sam Kong Underpass that underwent emergency repairs over the weekend has reopened and is safe to drive over, the Phuket office of the Highways Department has confirmed.

The 50 metres of repaired road re-opened at 7:30pm last night (Jan 31), Project Engineer Chalermpon Wongkietkun confirmed to The Phuket News.

“Workers repaired the road over the weekend and it is safe now for vehicle to drive over as usual on both lanes,” Mr Chalrempol said.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-underpass-road-works-reopen-with-safety-assurance-56005.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-02-01

I wonder what their next bumbling disaster will be.

I thought I heard mention of a crack in the underpass wall. Wonder if a reliable engineer is checking it.

He said he was an engine-ear and has always been on time so I guess he is reliable

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder what their next bumbling disaster will be.

I thought I heard mention of a crack in the underpass wall. Wonder if a reliable engineer is checking it.

The walls of the underpass coming in from the south have been braced with heavy duty steel girders so it seems like there is a problem with the wall as the girders are placed where the road collapsed. Don't see any on the other side.