Best automatic scooter ?

TobSlobSlai

• 1 year later...

I cant be doing with tiny wheel step throughs with the engine attached to the rear suspension.  I have a Yamaha Jupiter RC which takes everything from long journeys to forest paths in its stride, and has gas suspension and floating disc brakes which is big bike territory. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tilacme said:

I cant be doing with tiny wheel step throughs with the engine attached to the rear suspension.  I have a Yamaha Jupiter RC which takes everything from long journeys to forest paths in its stride, and has gas suspension and floating disc brakes which is big bike territory. 

You right

i saw so many in Vietnam, seems very popular with Yamaha Exciter 155 cc

But here in Thailand, i see the bike Jupiter only in shop , never on the road... too expensive or thai prefer automatic ... no idea

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, nev said:

I have just bought a Yamaha N-max, all I can say it is excellent and the dual ABS brakes make it a winner for me.

i bought one last october, today more 18.000 kilometers.... seems ok for me.... (only need more power and speed)

23 minutes ago, Trikyle said:

Since somebody threw the nmax in, I don’t feel so bad intruding... if you’re looking at pcx... at this class.. the nmax is a grocery hauler and handles like a dream.IMG_1129.JPGIMG_1128.JPG

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

My bike, thinking of adding the  windshield does it make a difference?.

dd1170f91a18fe1921e9e680e256b335.0.jpg

• Like 1

My bike, thinking of adding the  windshield does it make a difference?.

dd1170f91a18fe1921e9e680e256b335.0.jpg.286ec41e50720291820107e136fdde01.jpg

It doesnt if you’re not doing long rides in the city but I added it because I wanted the bar (inside the windshield) for my gps mounts for my Tom Tom and quad lock mounts for my iphone. It works beautifully. Question bro.. are you going to change your shocks to yss or racingboy.?im not sure of mines...
IMG_1122.JPG

13 hours ago, Tilacme said:

I chose an auto because I wanted lazy maintenance and chains suffer a lot in rainy season...

However, the ride is definitely much harsher with small wheels and the lump on the back swing arm... suspension just can't do much of a job.

Next bike would definitely have to be something like a Jupiter, or Honda Wave.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trikyle said:

It doesnt if you’re not doing long rides in the city but I added it because I wanted the bar (inside the windshield) for my gps mounts for my Tom Tom and quad lock mounts for my iphone. It works beautifully. Question bro.. are you going to change your shocks to yss or racingboy.?im not sure of mines...
IMG_1122.JPG

I will be keeping the shocks as standard for now, not sure adding new shocks will make much difference I am quiet happy with the bike as it is.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I ride the 15km to shops every morning, often twice, or more, just for the pleasure of riding. We tour on the scooter too and it is such a nice place to be, I can't think of a scooter that comes close in terms of pure riding pleasure to my 2017 Vespa GTS 70th Anniversary.

I am 6 foot and it fits me just dandy, plenty of room for a pillion and loads of luggage space.

Pretty bike too IMO:-

$_86.JPG

Edited by AllanB
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 5:04 PM, macknife said:

What? There's usually enough space for a couple of shopping bags under the seat, you can even fit 2-3 shopping bags from the hook in front of you. So 5-6 bags of shopping is no small amount. Keep a couple of bungee chords under the seat and you could even carry large boxes on the back.

For the OP another alternative to the Click is the Yamaha GT125, I have one and it's great and at only 43,500B it's much cheaper than a Click.

post-80215-0-31336600-1454321079_thumb.j

A great scooter for a fair price ...

Yamaha Nmax 155.  In my opinion the best for a city area such as Pattaya bar none.  At any price.  The Yamaha Xmax 300 isn't even here yet.  But it's about twice the price of the Nmax.  And from what we have heard, its brakes are good but not up to what the Nmax has.  The Aerox is undoubtedly a great bike.  Has the same engine as the Yamaha Nmax.  But its brakes are not quite up to what the Nmax has.  With just 4.6 liters of fuel on board vs 6.6 for the Nmax the Nmax will have 50 % more range.  And for most of us, it's not nearly as comfortable as the Yamaha Nmax 155.  THe handling of the Nmax is simply out of this world.  It is truly loads of fun to go around corners fast.  

Thought about getting a new Triumph 900 Street Twin for 390,000 baht when it's available through Watchara Marine.  Could sell or trade my beautiful Yamaha SR 400.  Which is a great bike for this neck of the woods.  My Nmax 155 is almost as fast.  And as good as the 400 is I can drive the Nmax faster across town.  For one thing its brakes are stupendous. 

Example in point.  Say I've got around six cars ahead of me and they are just dawdling along.  Going say up to 70 kph I can pass them very quickly.  That's flying on these city streets.  Now suppose a motorbike or car suddenly appears in the right lane and it's heading right at me?  I got the brakes to get me slowed down RIGHT  NOW.  And with those 13 inch wheels and suspension, I can squeeze right in there, between cars or motorcycles because 1.  at 280 pounds the Nmax is small enough to fit in and 2.  it has the immediate response to do exactly what I ask it to do.  

Bottom line is, the Nmax is my go to motorbike.  So as much as I love the idea of a Triumph, it would probably capture as much dust as my SR400 does.  

I don't think anything else is going to give me the confidence to pull off stunts like this.  Bottom line is the Nmax is very fast for the kind of conditions I must encounter.  Its comfortable, easy to drive and it only costs 80000 baht.  If I bought the XMAX 300, I'm upping my motorbike's weight by more than 100 pounds.  Great for the interstate but not so good for this city's streets.  The Nmax is absolutely terrific for the kind of conditions most of us are driving in.  And it's just about as safe a machine as one can get.  

Edited by jackcorbett
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, jackcorbett said:

Yamaha Nmax 155.  In my opinion the best for a city area such as Pattaya bar none.  At any price.  The Yamaha Xmax 300 isn't even here yet.  But it's about twice the price of the Nmax.  And from what we have heard, its brakes are good but not up to what the Nmax has.  The Aerox is undoubtedly a great bike.  Has the same engine as the Yamaha Nmax.  But its brakes are not quite up to what the Nmax has.  With just 4.6 liters of fuel on board vs 6.6 for the Nmax the Nmax will have 50 % more range.  THe handling of the Nmax is simply out of this world.  It is truly loads of fun to go around corners fast.  

Thought about getting a new Triumph 900 Street Twin for 390,000 baht when it's available through Watchara Marine.  Could sell or trade my beautiful Yamaha SR 400.  Which is a great bike for this neck of the woods.  My Nmax 155 is almost as fast.  And as good as the 400 is I can drive the Nmax faster across town.  For one thing its brakes are stupendous.   Example in point.  Say I've got around six cars ahead of me and they are just dawdling along.  Going say up to 70 kph I can pass them very quickly.  That's flying on these city streets.  Now suppose a motorbike or car suddenly appears in the right lane and it's heading right at me?  I got the brakes to get me slowed down RIGHT  NOW.  And with those 13 inch wheels and suspension, I can squeeze right in there, between cars or motorcycles because 1.  at 280 pounds the Nmax is small enough to fit in and 2.  it has the immediate response to do exactly what I ask it to do.  

I don't think anything else is going to give me the confidence to pull off stunts like this.  Bottom line is the Nmax is very fast for the kind of conditions I must encounter.  Its comfortable, easy to drive and it only costs 80000 baht.  If I bought the XMAX 300, I'm upping my motorbike's weight by more than 100 pounds.  Great for the interstate but not so good for this city's streets.  The Nmax is absolutely terrific for the kind of conditions most of us are driving in.  And it's just about as safe a machine as one can get.  

I have a N-max and fully agree it is a fantastic bike, so easy to drive and as you say it has heaps of power to get you out of trouble if need be, it is also great on the highway and on my 23ks ride into Khonkaen it fly's their, you can quiet easily cruise at 100ks and even at that speed you still have a lot in the throttle to overtake.

I will also add the X-max is out and I have sat on one and yes it is twice the price of a new NMAX.

Edited by nev
  • Thanks 1

OP was asking for a bike for 15km a day, so an XMAX is probably not what he needs ;)

I would consider these bikes, depending on how my budget looks like:

low: Honda Wave

mid: Honda Click, Yamaha Mio, Yamaha GT

high: Yamaha NMAX

Scooters like Fino / Scoopy / Zoomer just suck in my opinion and are not worth to mention

3 hours ago, nev said:

Great bike but hard to justify paying twice the price of the NMAX which is IMHO the best scooter around 

Easy to justify:

Twice the cc;

twice the price.

You didn't like the 300 better when you tried it.?

Edited by papa al

5 minutes ago, papa al said:

Easy to justify:

Twice the cc;

twice the price.

You didn't like the 300 better when you tried it.?

Yes I did mate, I want one but don't have the spare cash right now, but my wife promised if she wins the lottery she will buy me one.

The 300cc scooters are not necessary best for all of us, it all depends what you use it for.

I use my PCX strictly for downtown Pattaya riding and a Versys 650 out on the highways.

PCX is perfect for downtown riding and my V is pretty good on the highways and love using the gears on it out there, it's called rider satisfaction.

I might get a 300cc scooter when I am too old riding the big bike, but that is hopefully many years away.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jackdd said:

OP was asking for a bike for 15km a day, so an XMAX is probably not what he needs ;)

I would consider these bikes, depending on how my budget looks like:

low: Honda Wave

mid: Honda Click, Yamaha Mio, Yamaha GT

high: Yamaha NMAX

Scooters like Fino / Scoopy / Zoomer just suck in my opinion and are not worth to mention

At the moment i am between bikes and using my wife's 3 year old Scooby .I like it a lot .Quiet engine and rides nice .Just use it around town .Large storage under seat .Being a Honda very reliable .

Depends on needs;  but I would take with a pinch of salt what people say about the scooter ride -  none of them are very much like motorcycles  because the engine sits on the back wheel, and the wheels are generally pretty small . 

If you want a level of comfort, I would say that on the wave, larger diameter wheels will ride over roads more smoothly than any scooter with smaller wheels -  ignore what people say about PCX, it is better than many other scooters but I still find it rather bone jarring when the road gets rough -  and when I get onto Bangna trad  I think that the Honda wave has a better first cruising speed .

Most days, I travel 15 km to send my son to school and then ride back home and pick him up after school as well, when I’m working I do an extra 30 km round trip -  distance is not an issue ,  and when the roads are okay, then scooter can manage   Fairly well ,  but it will not cope with problems with uneven services anywhere near as well as a basic standard 150cc CBR 

Edited by ben2talk