Best automatic scooter ?

TobSlobSlai

The 125cc is great around town. With plenty of acceleration and very maneuverable. But having moved into the country I feel a need for that bit of extra power to make my longer runs a bit more relaxing. It's not about more speed, just less hurriedness, if you know what mean.
I've had a couple of big bikes, a 600 and 800 and i prefer the Click. I think 125 is enough, you can go 100kph easy enough. Of course after a while someone may just fancy a new bike, but i don't think extra power is needed but maybe wanted.

Bigger bikes are likely to make you go faster, which increases risk. When i had a BMW F1200GS for a few days, it was easy to break the speed limit without even noticing

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I've had a couple of big bikes, a 600 and 800 and i prefer the Click. I think 125 is enough, you can go 100kph easy enough. Of course after a while someone may just fancy a new bike, but i don't think extra power is needed but maybe wanted.

Bigger bikes are likely to make you go faster, which increases risk. When i had a BMW F1200GS for a few days, it was easy to break the speed limit without even noticing

Oh I completely agree with you. My days of speed and big bikes are well and truly over. And I don't expect the 150cc is very  much faster than my current machine and I doubt if I would go there any way. I'm very happy at 80 to 90kph with the occasional foray up 100 when the conditions are right.

We don't run a car anymore (thanks to Cameron's political blunder) so the Click is also our 'shopping trolley'. A bit of extra poke could be very useful on the homeward leg!

I shall write a review when I get it.

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

The 125cc is great around town. With plenty of acceleration and very maneuverable. But having moved into the country I feel a need for that bit of extra power to make my longer runs a bit more relaxing. It's not about more speed, just less hurriedness, if you know what mean.

I do indeed, I have an Nmax but even found that underpowered, No I have added a Forza to my stable I use that on the 25ks into town and it just cruises along at 90 to 100 k/h and still has lots left in power if needed.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, papa al said:

AeRox at B64K is best bang for the buck/baht scoot anywhere on earth.

;-]

Nice bike the Aerox only downside it's not a shopping bike if you need to Carry groceries home with you.

3 minutes ago, nev said:

Nice bike the Aerox only downside it's not a shopping bike if you need to Carry groceries home with you.

I had taken note of that point. We have a perfectly shaped shopping bag (no plastic) that sits very nicely between my legs. You can't do that on an Aerox or a PCX. I'm always amazed at how much we can cart home from the market on our Click. Yes I think the new 150cc could be the one for me.

• Like 1

Yeah of couse it's Honda Click, my fault haha [emoji1]

But nice to hear some good reviews about it - hope someone can tell me more about the other bikes as well.

The Zoomer X also look pretty good, it's so hard to choose

I hate the Zoomer X with a vengeance, it’s front forks are too vertical and with the small wheels, I just feel very on a dangerous bike for a farang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, nev said:

Okay.

Easy to hang bags from mirror stems

Thai-style &

papa has nice backpack.

AFpK, does lack tie-down points aft for packages.

papa has yet to ride one,

but can rent for B350,

and will.

????

2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I'm always amazed at how much we can cart home from the market on our Click. Yes I think the new 150cc could be the one for me.

Crick #1 selling bike in Thailand;

have fun.

Don't let those extra 25cc get you in trouble...

;-]

39 minutes ago, papa al said:

Crick #1 selling bike in Thailand;

have fun.

Don't let those extra 25cc get you in trouble...

;-]

I think the Wave is the number 1 selling bike in Thailand maybe the click the number 1 selling scooter?.

47 minutes ago, frede99 said:

Noone of you have any opinions about Yamaha Grand Filano, QBix or other in this pricerange?

Have a PCX 150 since they came out. If I was looking for a new scooter, Grand Filano or NMax would be my choice.

Would never buy a flat floor model unless I started to wear a dress.

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
10 minutes ago, canthai55 said:
Have a PCX 150 since they came out. If I was looking for a new scooter, Grand Filano or NMax would be my choice.

PCX or NMax are good choices if you're a fatty. If normal size a Click or Aerox is fine

Rented an Aerox last January for a week in Pattaya. If you are tall your knees hit those protruding points on the front all the time.

Click ... as above

1 hour ago, frede99 said:

Noone of you have any opinions about Yamaha Grand Filano, QBix or other in this pricerange?

If you want a scooter exclusively for the city i think the Grand Filano is a good choice, not as small as some other scooters (so better for us bigger farangs) and quite alot of storage space under the seat. Also available as ABS model now.

If you plan to also take it out of the city i would get at least a 150cc bike like the Nmax.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:
2 hours ago, canthai55 said:

PCX or NMax are good choices if you're a fatty. If normal size a Click or Aerox is fine

OK tin ribs, that's your opinion!

I can't pretend to be of a svelte profile, but for me it was all about the comfort, and having a bit of something around you to get noticed. The PCX wins hands down, although I must confess I never even considered the Nmax. 

Can't abide the short handlebars of the click which catch your knees on a tight turn, and from an appearance point of view I'd rather have the Honda Move than the Click, particularly liked the fat tyres for our potholed roads. Tried to convince the wife to have one of those but she was woed by the cuteness of the Scoopy do... Then proceeded to smash it up and scratch all the panels, having done the same to my PCX before we bought her new bike. C'est la vie... I'll buy her some new panels when she stops falling off of it, although to be fair our steep driveway was a dirt track at the time.

• Haha 1

A 125 is fine. I sometimes take mine out the city for 250-350km day trips, but it’s a premium price 125 costing 90-100k and very comfortable.
With a 150, it’s always nice to have that little bit extra power but my 125 does 115kph & my 150 125kph.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:13 PM, nev said:

I do indeed, I have an Nmax but even found that underpowered, No I have added a Forza to my stable I use that on the 25ks into town and it just cruises along at 90 to 100 k/h and still has lots left in power if needed.

+1

Congratulations!! ????

On 12/8/2018 at 11:29 AM, LammyTS1 said:

A 125 is fine. I sometimes take mine out the city for 250-350km day trips, but it’s a premium price 125 costing 90-100k and very comfortable.
With a 150, it’s always nice to have that little bit extra power but my 125 does 115kph & my 150 125kph.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

So what bikes 125cc/150cc do you have with premium price? I'm intrigued... ☺ 

IMO - the best Scooter for 'everything' is the Yamaha TriCity 155cc ABS

They are 98,500 baht (new).

It has:

- Good Storage (can easily fit helmet under seat)

- 155cc Engine (not fast - but as fast as any other scooter)

- ABS excellent for safety

- 2 front wheels - best possible safety you can get on a bike, especially in the wet when emergency braking.

- Hand Controls only (Dual brakes on right side, front only on left).

- Step through design (extremely easy to use)

- Extremely reliable

IMO - the best Scooter for 'everything' is the Yamaha TriCity 155cc ABS
They are 98,500 baht (new).

It has:
- Good Storage (can easily fit helmet under seat)
- 155cc Engine (not fast - but as fast as any other scooter)
- ABS excellent for safety
- 2 front wheels - best possible safety you can get on a bike, especially in the wet when emergency braking.
- Hand Controls only (Dual brakes on right side, front only on left).
- Step through design (extremely easy to use)
- Extremely reliable

So double the price of a Honda Click 125i and all you get extra is ABS and 2 wheels at the front which look weird anyway, i guess some people like to be different
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

So double the price of a Honda Click 125i and all you get extra is ABS and 2 wheels at the front which look weird anyway, i guess some people like to be different

Sure... enjoy your honda click... Yawn... its better value for the money... but so is a second hand bike... 

The two front wheels with ABS add and exponentially elevated level of safety, particularly for new riders, especially in the wet... I've seen so many bikes get dropped in wet when the front wheel breaks away under braking... two wheels with ABS add an unparalleled level of front end grip - how much value would you place on your safety?

It may not make much difference for an experienced rider... but as newbie (as I was when I purchased the Tricity) I researched a huge amount, the TriCity was the clear winner....  (when not overly concerned about 50k or 100k)...

4 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

If the Tri City is so superior, why do more people not buy them ?

Because its 98,500 baht...   

.... but to answer your question more directly.... IMO the TriCity is safer.. not  superior....  with regards to the rest of the bike its as good as any other similarly styled bike out there... but the two front wheels with ABS make the big difference for me, so its specially that aspect which make it a better bike from my view point. 

....  others may not place the same value on safety with such a planted and secure front end... But for my first bike, I, however, did and the additional cost was not a concern... 

• Like 1