What kind of snake?

https://bangkokherps.wordpress.com/category/snakes/kukri-snakes/

Striped kukri, you dint have to smash its head in so remember for next time, it will bite but offer you its tail as a defence (coils it up its bright red) and hope you try and bash that instead of its head, not dangerous to "umans"

Was not my intention to kill it,but like I said I stepped on it because I didn't see it.Anyway thanks

For what its worth to Aussies; just that head marking on the striped Kukri is a bit like juvenile brown snakes here and even when 200 to 300 mm long they are deadly like their parents.

Don't know at what age that head marking goes.

Just saying.

Edited by Jing Joe

https://bangkokherps.wordpress.com/category/snakes/kukri-snakes/

Striped kukri, you dint have to smash its head in so remember for next time, it will bite but offer you its tail as a defence (coils it up its bright red) and hope you try and bash that instead of its head, not dangerous to "umans"

Was not my intention to kill it,but like I said I stepped on it because I didn't see it.Anyway thanks

Easily done too, when the snake is only 2 inches long but its the little ones that go in childrens closed toe shoes and can kill them.

For what its worth to Aussies; just that head marking on the striped Kukri is a bit like juvenile brown snakes here and even when 200 to 300 mm long they are deadly like their parents.

Just saying.

It is a a house striped kukri ( ngu gnawk long lai) Latin name: oligodon darsolateralis) and it is absolutely harmless. Go to a Se-Ed bookshop or Asia books and ask for Lai Gnu Thai unfortunately it is all in Thai but descriptives and photos are included, toxicity etc, location....

How big can these snakes get?

It looks pretty similar to one in my garden but that is much much bigger. It was curled up but it must have been 2 to 3 metres long. The head was 6 to 10 cms wide.

45cm

Just saying.

It is a a house striped kukri ( ngu gnawk long lai) Latin name: oligodon darsolateralis) and it is absolutely harmless. Go to a Se-Ed bookshop or Asia books and ask for Lai Gnu Thai unfortunately it is all in Thai but descriptives and photos are included, toxicity etc, location....

Yep , thats what I think after consulting SNAKES AND OTHER REPTILES OF THAILAND , grows up to 44cm long. Harmless little snake. Hands up who thought it was a baby King Cobra.

Just saying.

Yep , thats what I think after consulting SNAKES AND OTHER REPTILES OF THAILAND , grows up to 44cm long. Harmless little snake. Hands up who thought it was a baby King Cobra.

If it is a Kurki, he obviously does not live in Northern Thailand whistling.gif

How big can these snakes get?

It looks pretty similar to one in my garden but that is much much bigger. It was curled up but it must have been 2 to 3 metres long. The head was 6 to 10 cms wide.

45cm

Then "mine" is not a Kukri as it was certainly much bigger.

I hope to get a photo, but can't find it. The dogs barked a lot last night, but by the time I got out it had disappeared.

HaHA-------- one says it is "completely harmless " then another sas it can easily kill you and then the " curling up in little kids shoes and killing them" poster arrives----------- please make sure you know what you are talking about before you spout off--------- this is a serious question from the OP and he deserves a intelligent replycoffee1.gif