Website Setup and Management

sstuff3

Can anyone recommend a company to setup a website for my business that will allow me free access to make changes to the website whenever I want? Obviously there are companies who design and setup websites and manage them for you but I would prefer to maintain control of the site and be able to make changes as needed without having to depend on a third party to do it for me.

There are hosts that have tools so you build your own site, sometimes from templates they have. You then manage it yourself. I'm not going to recommend one but just as an example you might look at 1and1.com for a sample offer. Most of these hosts are set up so that you don't need any technical expertise. They have a point and shoot GUI.

Cheers

Edited by NeverSure

Yes, any decent hosting company will have some system to easily install Wordpress (which is free) and from there it's just a matter of selecting a suitable free or pay theme and creating your content.

That said, if you want any customisation done it isn't a job for an amateur. However once the customisation is done the end-user should not have much need of day-to-day help.

In addition to the hosting companies, there is a lot of software available, template based, that will allow you to make and upload your own website in a relatively short period of time. These generally are WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) sites and as such don't require any language skills and relatively little website design experience. I'm not talking about high end software, like Dreamweaver as an example, either.

I'm suggesting this as a better (easier) option of maintaining your own site. It also depends what you are going to use the site for whether it is for business or personal.

However that said, the secret of successful sites these days, obviously apart from content, is your search engine rating which these days is a specialized field.

• 2 weeks later...