Thailand Post - problems sending to U.K.?

dlm5star

Yes Stuff from 16th Feb Delivered in Record Breaking time, but thats been happening all along, one day super quick , next day 6 weeks...don't hold your Breath

February 16, 2016

13:28:16 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Container Received

February 16, 2016

15:06:03 SUVARNABHUMI MAIL CENTRE Departure From Outward OE

February 19, 2016

10:51:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept

February 19, 2016

15:56:00 Great Britain (GBLALA) Accept

February 20, 2016

18:00-21:00 Great Britain (S 40) Delivery Status Successful

Indeed, though it appears to me that the slower and lost packages are becoming less frequent and the speedier deliveries are on the rise this month…breathing normally.

Edited by samuisecret

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Packages from February 1st -10th still nothing.

Packages sent out 11th - 17th have all been arriving in under 5 days from the sending date.

I've also noticed on a few things that the tracking is not being updated until 24+ hours after it's arrived to the U.K. (example: items sent 17th were not showing as accepted yesterday (which was the 22nd) but today are showing as accepted on 21st at 5.54am)

Probably was a case of a backlog or even some "genius" management decision on trying a new system from 2016 (probably money saving) which obviously failed miserably and they've returned to the old way of doing things. Who knows?!

Although it seemingly looks like whatever the problem was has been fixed, doesn't give me much hope for all the stuff that's still AWOL.

Over the past 5 years i've had the utmost confidence sending, especially to the U.K., unfortunately what's happened in the first 6 weeks of this year has shattered my trust. Like br1stol said, don't hold your breath.

They said Package sent out after 11th feb has return to normal , because they transfer to new airline , it was the airline problem ,

Package sent out before 15th jan already received ? Is that true?

package sent out before 15th jan- 11th feb are mystery , thailand post just blame on UK and do nothing

They said Package sent out after 11th feb has return to normal , because they transfer to new airline , it was the airline problem ,

Package sent out before 15th jan already received ? Is that true?

package sent out before 15th jan- 11th feb are mystery , thailand post just blame on UK and do nothing

Who are "they" ?

Latest from Post Office they have now cut 20% off EMS for next 3 months. Seems everything has been going by other way hence the backlog and problems since the price hike.

BUT another twist is they are now charging you if a parcel isnt delivered and is returned !

Many Thais have been effecting and making complaints too. I called and they insisted posts left Thailand and its U.K. side. One Thai said call centre told her was due to airline issue so we guessed it right here.

No answers today and no reply from that email I sent so they can officially track post as well. Literally useless I might as well just threw the posts down the river instead of paying money to have it tracked.

My Feb 1st parcels are still no show. Flipping frustrating.

I have the same problem with a package to Brazil. It was sent out of Bangkok Airport the day after I took it to the post office (20 Jan), left 21st. and only yesterday did the tracker show it was received in Brazil - on the 18th of February.

Still nothing on two I sent to the UK on 21 January (left the airport on the 23rd, still not showing as received in the UK) and also one sent on 26th January (left the airport on 27th) and again nothing showing in the UK.

Someone above said they thought Thai packages must be being singled out for special (delayed) attention - inspection or whatever - but I also wonder if they did something on their fee sharing or something else to piss off other countries' mail handlers, which led to Thai-posted packages being positively discriminated against, which may have been now been corrected.

I have to post another one today so I'm a bit nervous...

So if they did change to a new airline, i was kind of right in my last post.

They tried a cost cutting "idea" which has gone horribly wrong.

So what's to happen with everything that is still AWOL....returned....and seemingly by one of the last posts we're all going to get charged a return fee for their trial & error mess-up. Typical Thai logic, shudder to think that they can ever admit they were in the wrong.

So what's to happen with everything that is still AWOL....returned....and seemingly by one of the last posts we're all going to get charged a return fee for their trial & error mess-up. Typical Thai logic, shudder to think that they can ever admit they were in the wrong.

I have never been charged for a returned item: I believe this an obscure clause on a dispatch slip and has never been enacted. Yes it does sound like someone had a bright idea that went very wrong. What gets me is they did not monitor performance or go for a trial run. It's typical really.

What will happen with claims is that the process will take months. Most of the stuff will have arrived by then or be returned. But this is not the concern of most ebayers, which will be a wrecked account. I have contacted customers in advance and hope to prevent bad feedback and poor ratings. I notice that since 10th Feb post has zipped through, but the flip side is we were hoping that the problem would be confined to January only.

I have consolidated on to one account in the hope that I can keep going. And in the future will only send tracked. It means ditching my high volume low cost approach which was failing badly anyway: the delayed post was really just the last straw. The only silver lining is that the new metric system should mean much less damage providing we refund without the customer having to close the case. The biggest danger is cruel feedback, some customers react so angrily and that is what is so stressful. I'm guessing a lot of people will lose their business simply because of losses incurred. If one is sending 50 at a time for instance, that will be a big, big hit.

What they did for a while, particularly with Australian deliveries, was nudge post sideways through Singapore. It was a sporadic problem which led to the same situation we've had lately. I would guess this is what they did again, only this time it was adopted as the norm. It's all so very Thai as I said in one of my earlier postings.

Edited by mommysboy

I have never been charged for a returned item: I believe this an obscure clause on a dispatch slip and has never been enacted. Yes it does sound like someone had a bright idea that went very wrong. What gets me is they did not monitor performance or go for a trial run. It's typical really.

What will happen with claims is that the process will take months. Most of the stuff will have arrived by then or be returned. But this is not the concern of most ebayers, which will be a wrecked account. I have contacted customers in advance and hope to prevent bad feedback and poor ratings. I notice that since 10th Feb post has zipped through. I have consolidated on to one account in the hope that I can keep going. And in the future will only send tracked. It means ditching my high volume low cost approach which was failing badly anyway: the delayed post was really just the last straw. The only silver lining is that the new metric system should mean much less damage providing we refund without the customer having to close the case. The biggest danger is cruel feedback, some customers react so angrily and that is what is so stressful. I'm guessing a lot of people will lose their business simply because of losses incurred. If one is sending 50 at a time for instance, that will be a big, big hit.

What they did for a while, particularly with Australian deliveries, was nudge post sideways through Singapore. It was a sporadic problem which led to the same problems we've had lately. I would guess this is what they did again, only this Time it was adopted as the norm. It's all so very Thai as I said in one of my earlier postings.

On the new seller Dashboard, any Tracking Shows Late or Buyer marks it as late are counted, one of our accounts has 15% Defect Rate now, Not Good. :(

What will happen with claims is that the process will take months. Most of the stuff will have arrived by then or be returned. But this is not the concern of most ebayers, which will be a wrecked account. I have contacted customers in advance and hope to prevent bad feedback and poor ratings. I notice that since 10th Feb post has zipped through. I have consolidated on to one account in the hope that I can keep going. And in the future will only send tracked. It means ditching my high volume low cost approach which was failing badly anyway: the delayed post was really just the last straw. The only silver lining is that the new metric system should mean much less damage providing we refund without the customer having to close the case. The biggest danger is cruel feedback, some customers react so angrily and that is what is so stressful. I'm guessing a lot of people will lose their business simply because of losses incurred. If one is sending 50 at a time for instance, that will be a big, big hit.

What they did for a while, particularly with Australian deliveries, was nudge post sideways through Singapore. It was a sporadic problem which led to the same problems we've had lately. I would guess this is what they did again, only this Time it was adopted as the norm. It's all so very Thai as I said in one of my earlier postings.

On the new seller Dashboard, any Tracking Shows Late or Buyer marks it as late are counted, one of our accounts has 15% Defect Rate now, Not Good. sad.png

Yes but the new late delivery metric is for information only and does not count in the actual calculation, though you would lose your top rated status. Ebay may also message you to find out what is going on.

1. Make sure any voluntary refund is after 30 days, as ebay count anything before as a cancellation.

2. And do not let a case close automatically.

These 2 things are the only things used in calculation now.

As I say, I think the worst of it is that this is likely to continue right the way up to February 10th postings. And beyond that I really don't think it is wise to send to UK, or anywhere, without tracking or uploading tracking in my ebay.

Edited by mommysboy

On the new seller Dashboard, any Tracking Shows Late or Buyer marks it as late are counted, one of our accounts has 15% Defect Rate now, Not Good. sad.png

Yes but the new late delivery metric is for information only and does not count in the actual calculation, though you would lose your top rated status. Ebay may also message you to find out what is going on.

1. Make sure any voluntary refund is after 30 days, as ebay count anything before as a cancellation.

2. And do not let a case close automatically.

These 2 things are the only things used in calculation now.

As I say, I think the worst of it is that this is likely to continue right the way up to February 10th postings. And beyond that I really don't think it is wise to send to UK, or anywhere, without tracking or uploading tracking in my ebay.

Ive been posting untracked to the UK everyday throughout February without any issues...

I buy in bulk and my batches are always mixed with items that are worth sending registered then there's the cheaper items in the batch that i have to sell very low, making not much on them and some that are simply to clear to save getting stuck with them etc.

Previously it was still worth while as the post was fine and the turnaround was fast. Feedback wasn't even an issue.

Unfortunately now i'll have to register everything which will make it virtually impossible to get rid of the lesser popular items from the batches and i'm not sure the popular items out way the average/low selling items to cover the costs.

br1stol, my accounts on 17% from January alone

I buy in bulk and my batches are always mixed with items that are worth sending registered then there's the cheaper items in the batch that i have to sell very low, making not much on them and some that are simply to clear to save getting stuck with them etc.

Previously it was still worth while as the post was fine and the turnaround was fast. Feedback wasn't even an issue.

Unfortunately now i'll have to register everything which will make it virtually impossible to get rid of the lesser popular items from the batches and i'm not sure the popular items out way the average/low selling items to cover the costs.

Why must you now register everything ?

samuiscret.

Well you see people won't complain until after 3-4 weeks. If you mean people have left feedback to say it has arrived, then that is good news. But if not then I think it is quite possible that 1st to 10th will see many issues surface any time now.

From early February I sent tracked and it looks like the same pattern to me.

After the 10th when post started zipping through. But the tracked items before then are not showing just like in January.

Why must you now register everything ?

You don't have to, but it is a way of protecting an ebay account. If you can upload a valid tracking number then even if a customer reports late delivery then it will not count as a mark against you on the late delivery metric.

It also means that in the event of loss, you will be able to claim for loss from Thai PO.

samuiscret.

Well you see people won't complain until after 3-4 weeks. If you mean people have left feedback to say it has arrived, then that is good news. But if not then I think it is quite possible that 1st to 10th will see many issues surface any time now.

After the 10th when post started zipping through. But the tracked items before then are not showing just like in January.

I see, again all of my untracked items sent up to and including Feb 17th have arrived with my customers and the feedback is positive...

Edited by samuisecret

samuiscret.

I see, again all of my untracked items sent up to and including Feb 17th have arrived with my customers and the feedback is positive...

That is great news, lets hope early February will not be like January.

Unfortunately, I can not say the same, in fact the exact opposite. Luckily I sent everything tracked.

But in any case if you are selling cheap, then having to make refunds destroys profit margins anyway. It's a bad situation.

In all honesty though, I think the storm is over now! Surely, they wouldn't try a daft trick like that again, would they.........?

samuiscret.

That is great news, lets hope early February will not be like January.

Unfortunately, I can not say the same, in fact the exact opposite. Luckily I sent everything tracked.

Well I wish you and all my fellow eBays on here the very best of luck for the rest of 2016 thank you for your help and hope we've now weathered the worst of the storm :)

for Ebay , I was told but could not confirm , that if you offered FREE shipping then the customer could not complain that it was slow ,

anyone know if thats true ?

I might change my ads and just lump the shipping in with the item cost , I do not sell that many a month anyway !

for Ebay , I was told but could not confirm , that if you offered FREE shipping then the customer could not complain that it was slow ,

I might change my ads and just lump the shipping in with the item cost , I do not sell that many a month anyway !

[/

Not true

Edited by swampdonkey

[/

Not true

Better to use "shipping included" than free shipping, because if its free, and they return it for some reason, you lost the shipping cost.

depends of course on the size weight and value of the item, if its low then maybe you can absorb it.

100% Not true.

If you offer "free shipping" (basically included in your overall price) all that will happen is that you will automatically receive 5 stars on you postage charges (which is pretty much irrelvant with the new defect system that is in place now). Buyers can still mark you down.

[/

Not true

Better to use "shipping included" than free shipping, because if its free, and they return it for some reason, you lost the shipping cost.

depends of course on the size weight and value of the item, if its low then maybe you can absorb it.

Shipping included/free shipping - same same

Makes no difference when refunding the buyer in ebays eyes. You'll still lose it.

Yep, I have free shipping with every item, and can't be marked down in feedback...

nonesense

No Dim5star, it isn't nonsense my friend, if you offer free shipping, the buyer isn't given the 5 star rating option on "postage and packaging" when leaving their feedback, and when you realise I'm right i'll kindly accept your apology smile.png

If you read further up in the same post. I actually say exactly that in my reply to BKKdreaming.

The automatic 5 stars is for postage & packing CHARGES not late delivery.

Example: if you charge 500 baht postage and it's only cost say 80 baht and the buyer sees that, ou're obviously going to get marked down in stars, even if you charge the correct amount and the buyer thinks it's over priced then they can still mark you down. If you offer "free" postage, then you automatically get 5 stars.

Regardless if you get full automatic 5 stars, the buyer will now still get asked the additional question, did the item item before such and such date?

This has been in play for a few months now, and came into full effect as of Feb 20th.

Has nothing to do with the 5 star system.

Shipping included is NOT the same as FREE shipping.

When "included", If an item is returned for refund, you can deduct the shipping cost from it and refund the item price..

If its "Free" shipping", whatever they paid, they get back 100%. you lose the actual shipping cost.