Inter provincial bus fare to be reduced 3 satang per kilometre

webfact

Inter provincial bus fare to be reduced 3 satang per kilometre

229-wpcf_728x409.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Pool bus operators and the Transport Company have agreed to lower inter-provincial bus fare by 3 satang per kilometer effective from the middle of this month in line with the declining diesel price.

The fare reduction decision was reached at the central land transport committee’s meeting on January 28.

Fares of inter-provincial buses operated by the state-run Transport Co and its pool bus operators will be reduced by 3 satang per kilometer from February 15.

Another meeting will be held at the end of this month to discuss possible cut if fares of boat prices in Bangkok.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/content/149125

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2016-02-02

"Pool bus operators and the Transport Company have agreed to lower inter-provincial bus fare by 3 satang per kilometer effective from the middle of this month in line with the declining diesel price."

they went on to say:

"We don't do preventive maintenance on our buses, so we can make up the difference without much problem."

I'm not complaining about the bus fairs here in Thailand because Mukdahan to Sukhothai (642km) is about 570 Baht, what I do complain about is the last 3km from the bus station home... motorcycle taxis, tuk-tuks and samlors all charge 100-150 Baht for just that short trip!

The same goes from my friends place in Kamphaeng Phet province, it's 155km from the bus station in their district to Sukhothai bus station and it's 100 Baht. Paying 100-150 for the last 3km from the bus station home with motorcycle or tuk-tuk just make me feel stupid!

Edited by Kasset Tak

"Pool bus operators and the Transport Company have agreed to lower inter-provincial bus fare by 3 satang per kilometer effective from the middle of this month in line with the declining diesel price."

they went on to say:

"We don't do preventive maintenance on our buses, so we can make up the difference without much problem."

Did they really say that. The reason I ask is that the Transport Company (the same one pictured above) that does the run from Klong Lan where I live to BKK has a service depot where the buses get serviced and a wash plant where they are cleaned. It has been there at least 12 years that I know of.

I must be in a different Thailand to you.

3 satang per kilometer. !!WOW !! I am rushing to buy a ticket now it is so cheap to travel by bus.

From Klong Lan where I live to BKK about 350 km away on the first class bus was 279 baht one way last year. You get a free bottle of water, a small snack, a terrible cup of coffee and a free Thai lunch half way down. It really is good value.

A great strategic move. Now when the price of fuel goes up even a little they will put

up the price much more and state they lowered the prices when fuel wend down

in price and now they need to raise the prices. tongue.png

they went on to say:

Did they really say that. The reason I ask is that the Transport Company (the same one pictured above) that does the run from Klong Lan where I live to BKK has a service depot where the buses get serviced and a wash plant where they are cleaned. It has been there at least 12 years that I know of.

I may be wrong (it's not exactly unknown), but it is very much my impression that the main cause of accidents to long distance buses is driver error/fatigue rather than mechanical failure.

Again, I may be wrong, and I am not a statistician ( I even had to look up how to spell it), but are the number of accidents that excessive when compared to the huge volume of services operated?

I use them quite regularly - too tight fisted to fly - and with a reputable company (I use Nakon Chai Air) I have never experienced either bad driving or obvious mechanical failure. I find them a reliable, comfortable and value for money means of getting around the country, the vehicles seem modern and clean. My preference would be the train, but they have only been planning the branch line to Chiang Rai since the 1930s!

Edited by JAG

3 satang per kilometer. !!WOW !! I am rushing to buy a ticket now it is so cheap to travel by bus.

From Klong Lan where I live to BKK about 350 km away on the first class bus was 279 baht one way last year. You get a free bottle of water, a small snack, a terrible cup of coffee and a free Thai lunch half way down. It really is good value.

And on this trip how much will a traveller save? Is it 10.5 baht?

Edited by Slip

they went on to say:

i was sort of joking about the preventive maintenance, :) sort of.

A great strategic move. Now when the price of fuel goes up even a little they will put

up the price much more and state they lowered the prices when fuel wend down

in price and now they need to raise the prices. tongue.png

Well from Klong Lan where I live to BKK in a first class bus cost 279 baht last year which works out to about 80 satang per km including water, coffee, snacks and a meal and I figure that is very good value for money.

they went on to say:

I may be wrong (it's not exactly unknown), but it is very much my impression that the main cause of accidents to long distance buses is driver error/fatigue rather than mechanical failure.

Again, I may be wrong, and I am not a statistician ( I even had to look up how to spell it), but are the number of accidents that excessive when compared to the huge volume of services operated?

I use them quite regularly - too tight fisted to fly - and with a reputable company (I use Nakon Chai Air) I have never experienced either bad driving or obvious mechanical failure. I find them a reliable, comfortable and value for money means of getting around the country, the vehicles seem modern and clean. My preference would be the train, but they have only been planning the branch line to Chiang Rai since the 1930s!

Nakon Chai Air run the main route 1 from CM to BKK and I would have to go to either Khampaeng Phet 65km or Nakhon Sawan 125 to get one of their buses. Oddly enough the Transport Company runs about 10 buses a day to to BKK but there is only a baht bus to KPP. It is about 6 hours to BKK or an hour or more on a baht bus up to KPP first.

The nearest railway station to me is Nakhon Sawan 130 km or Phitsanulok 180 away. The airports are also at NS or P'lok.

And on this trip how much will a traveller save? Is it 10.5 baht?

As much as that?I was hoping for 15 baht myself.

they went on to say:

i was sort of joking about the preventive maintenance, smile.png sort of.

So was I but that bus company are pretty good, The crews seem professional and AFAIK The Transport Company are pretty safe, plus it is only a 6 hour run so the crews aren't too tired and sleepy.

It is true that they do have a maintenance garage up here and the buses are cleaned up at the end of each trip.