Transfer Desk

adammike

hi all.

I fly into bkk on the first of january with eva from amsterdam at 05-15.

I have a flight booked with airasia to phnom phen at 07-00

I read somewhere else that airasia has no transfer desk at

bkk airport.

So will I have to go through passport control,

go to departers check in pay my 500 baht

and leave thailand again.

I have no problem with getting a stamp in my passport

and I hope to have only a carry on bag.

This all will take time and the airasia website claims there check in desk

closes 45 mins before departuer so i am a bit worried if i can make it in time.

so do any of you know if airasia has a transfer desk or can i print out my

boarding pass.

cheers

Air Asia does not have any transfer facilities airside being they are a point-to-point carrier. You must clear immigration and check in with the Air Asia counter and they return through immigration after paying your 500 Baht fee. Provided you don't have any checked baggage, I think you'll be okay as almost everyone is reporting that immigration at Suvarnabhumi is very quick - much better than at Don Muang. It's the baggage claim time that could kill you. Of course you could be unlucky and your flight could be late arriving, or an unusually long line at immigration, in which case you'll need to purchase a new ticket as your Air Asia ticket won't be able to be changed or refunded. If I was you, I'd try to get a seat near the front of the aircraft on your flight into BKK and then walk rapidly after deplaning, passing up as many of your fellow passengers as you can, just so you can arrive ahead of most of them at immigration just in case there's a bottleneck. Of course if your plane parks remotely and you get bused, you won't be able to use that strategy as well.

Air Asia does not have any transfer facilities airside being they are a point-to-point carrier. You must clear immigration and check in with the Air Asia counter and they return through immigration after paying your 500 Baht fee. Provided you don't have any checked baggage, I think you'll be okay as almost everyone is reporting that immigration at Suvarnabhumi is very quick - much better than at Don Muang. It's the baggage claim time that could kill you. Of course you could be unlucky and your flight could be late arriving, or an unusually long line at immigration, in which case you'll need to purchase a new ticket as your Air Asia ticket won't be able to be changed or refunded. If I was you, I'd try to get a seat near the front of the aircraft on your flight into BKK and then walk rapidly after deplaning, passing up as many of your fellow passengers as you can, just so you can arrive ahead of most of them at immigration just in case there's a bottleneck. Of course if your plane parks remotely and you get bused, you won't be able to use that strategy as well.

thats pretty much what i was afraid of.

I will have only a 7-8kilo bag with me

that they all let me carry on my last trip but now the

rules have changed .

maybe i will bin the ticket and book with thai

but thats 4 times the price+the 3000baht for the

airasia ticket thats16-17000baht aagh.

well thanx for the fast reply.

Where are you booking that they tell you 16-17000 Baht? I went to THAI's website and got a price of 9190 Baht, including tax and fees.

Where are you booking that they tell you 16-17000 Baht? I went to THAI's website and got a price of 9190 Baht, including tax and fees.

last time i looked for the dates i wanted on thai and bangkokair sites they wanted after taxes

about 13000 add to that the 3000 i have already paid for airasia you get 16000.

maybe i will look again right now

cheers

Check to see what's the terms of the THAI ticket. If it can be refunded, then buy it, but hope you make it in time for the Air Asia flight. If you do, get a refund on the THAI ticket, and if not then you trash the Air Asia ticket.

Edited by Soju

Check to see what's the terms of the THAI ticket. If it can be refunded, then buy it, but hope you make it in time for the Air Asia flight. If you do, get a refund on the THAI ticket, and if not then you trash the Air Asia ticket.

yup that might be the best solution.

but I think I will just get the thai flight and relax

cheers for the help guys only about75 days to go. :o

Did you already purchase your return portion of the trip on Air Asia? If so, no reason why you can't still use that and just trash your outbound portion. That is assuming you have plenty of connection time on the return. If you buy just a one-way ticket on THAI, BKK-PNH, it'll only cost you 6260 Baht. When you subtract off the 500 Baht departure tax which you won't have to pay by using THAI, it comes to only 5760 Baht. A bit of savings compared to 9,100 Baht - 500 Baht. If you do that, just be sure you have a LOT of extra time to make your connection as Air Asia is notorious for being very late.

Did you already purchase your return portion of the trip on Air Asia? If so, no reason why you can't still use that and just trash your outbound portion. That is assuming you have plenty of connection time on the return. If you buy just a one-way ticket on THAI, BKK-PNH, it'll only cost you 6260 Baht. When you subtract off the 500 Baht departure tax which you won't have to pay by using THAI, it comes to only 5760 Baht. A bit of savings compared to 9,100 Baht - 500 Baht. If you do that, just be sure you have a LOT of extra time to make your connection as Air Asia is notorious for being very late.

thats a good point I will check with the airasia site if I can just use the return leg

and then get a one way with thai

thanx for that will let you know how it goes

though I have read that airasia have crap help desks

they want us to make exspensive phone calls i guess.

thats a good point I will check with the airasia site if I can just use the return leg

and then get a one way with thai

thanx for that will let you know how it goes

though I have read that airasia have crap help desks

they want us to make exspensive phone calls i guess.

It should be no problem. Air Asia doesn't sell round trip tickets. They only sell one-way tickets. They give you the convenience of buying two one-way tickets at the same time, but each way has it's own fare and the total you pay is just the sum of the two fares plus taxes and fees. Still I'd inform them of what you're doing just so they know you'll be using the return portion.