Pataks Indian pastes

phitsanulokjohn

Hi Guys&Gals

I hopefully should be down in Pattaya within the next 10 days.

Please can anyone tell me if they have bought any of these pastes in Pattaya recently,and if so from where?

They were everywhere in all the usual supermarkets up here in Phitsanulok last year.now nowhere to be seen.

It is specifically the pastes in the packets (as shown) and not the sauces in the jars that I require.

As well as the Korma paste,they also done Massala,Butter Chicken and Bombay Potato pastes,and I'm interested in purchasing any or all of them.

Not sure if maybe they've discontinued them,as is per usual when one is just starting to enjoy something,but if anyone can help me out I will be truly grateful.

Many Thanks.post-119748-0-36173700-1454403697_thumb.

I've had similar problems, I could readily buy them from any of the Tops markets in Hat Yai but they stopped stocking Pataks midway through last year. I've looked in Bangkok but couldn't find in Villa Market or any branch of Tops I visited, the only exception was Tops at Central World which had Patak's Mango Chutney and a few jars of the Korma and Biryanhi paste. I've been bringing my supplies in on trips to Cold Storage in Malaysia or Singapore.

Hi Guys&Gals

I hopefully should be down in Pattaya within the next 10 days.

Please can anyone tell me if they have bought any of these pastes in Pattaya recently,and if so from where?

They were everywhere in all the usual supermarkets up here in Phitsanulok last year.now nowhere to be seen.

It is specifically the pastes in the packets (as shown) and not the sauces in the jars that I require.

As well as the Korma paste,they also done Massala,Butter Chicken and Bombay Potato pastes,and I'm interested in purchasing any or all of them.

Not sure if maybe they've discontinued them,as is per usual when one is just starting to enjoy something,but if anyone can help me out I will be truly grateful.

Many Thanks.attachicon.gifP_20160202_150729.jpg

There was a time the Tesco Extra in Plok stocked them but as you say like hens teeth.

I think the deli on Siam CC does them

Unless they have had some in within the last week, they do not sell them!

They do have the "cook in sauce" where you pour the contents of the jar over your cooked chicken etc. but not the paste.

I used to buy the paste from Foodand, a jar would make 3 curries.

When they disappeared from the shelves months ago I asked one of the assistants why they didn't now have them?

"Sorry! Not sell good!" or something similar was the answer.

Funny because they were nearly always "sold out!"

Anyway, I have looked everywhere for this paste, they did have it for a while at Central but now they only have a few jars of "lime pickle" left.

Anyway, what I do now is to buy Rogan Josh sauce ( Siam expat have both Pataks and Sharwoods )

I then add some of my own ingredients:- a large chopped onion, 1 tsp. chilly powder, 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1 tsp. ground corriander seeds and a good sprinkling of paprika. I also add a chopped apple and some raisins. I like my curry sweetened. I throw in any leftover veg. that might be in the fridge ie. potatoes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.

I get about 5 helpings from this and although I say it myself it tastes good!!

Well according to there 'Siam Expat food' facebook page they do! have a picture of it on there. I have not been in since Xmas but they did have some when I was there as I was going to buy some. So maybe if you ask they can order in!

Well according to there 'Siam Expat food' facebook page they do! have a picture of it on there. I have not been in since Xmas but they did have some when I was there as I was going to buy some. So maybe if you ask they can order in!

post-13984-0-17258500-1454629925_thumb.j

If the attached pic. is what you are referring to then you are mistaken!

This pic. shows jars of the "cook in sauce" I referr to in my post and NOT Pataks curry paste!

The paste came in sachets and small jars and was added to the ingredients and meat.

This sauce is apart from the meat all that is needed to make a curry.

I have seen these at the Gourmet Marketplace in the basement of the Central Beach Mall in Pattaya. The Villa Market at the Avenue Mall on Second Road, near Royen Garden, may also have them.

Good selection available at Basement of Central festival Pattaya Beach

Patak's - Products

Please be aware that Pataks Curry Paste is not the same as Pataks Curry Sauce!

If you look at their internet site you will see the difference in their products.

There is none in Chiang Mai either,the Pataks curry sauces you have to use all

in one go, but the Pastes,used to last up to 3 months in fridge,but I think after

they got new owners, the use by date once opened is 3-4 weeks.

I have bought up, 7 jars of Korma ,all they had left at several shops,as I had a

feeling they would not be stocking them again (why ?),so I have to add other

spices ect, to try and vary the curries.happens quite often here,you find

something you like and they stop selling it.one example was the small samosas

from Malaysia,they sold in Makro,they were handy as a snack,but no more.

regards worgeordie

• 4 months later...

Noted that Tops Market in Central Festival Hat Yai is stocking Sharwood's curry sauces, they had only the Balti and Madras sauces, sadly Sharwood's don't do pastes.