Lies and videotapes: Uninsured Aussie tourist finds himself in hot water

webfact

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All these motorbike rentals that conveniently don't have any insurance for there bikes, of course they do, you cannot get a tax disk without at least the government tax which everybody has to have.

They should make it law that all rental bikes are fully covered including theft and not try and con tourists into paying over inflated price.

The Government insurance and Tax covers the cost of any medical bills but not property. If he gets a standard form from the Police stating his injuries were a result of a traffic accident and presents that to the Hospital, then his medical bills should be covered. They don't tell Farang of anything they may be entitled to, especially in tourist areas

It doesn't cover the cost of "ANY MEDICAL BILLS." I was there, done it, no "hearsay". My motorcycle insurance for my 750 Yamaha paid only the maximum of 12 K, the "rest" in form of 86,000 baht was paid by my Thai SS insurance.

I live in a bit more remote area and when I had an accident in my pick, and had to have hospital treatment the police officer told my wife that I should go to the police station and he would give me a paper stating traffic accident, we went he gave it to us we gave it to the hospital and no charges. The Thai government and tax insurance covers medical expenses and nothing else, Did you ask a policeman for the certificate? did you know about it? Like I said no one is going to volunteer helpful information to a Farang

Immigration should put this up in all offices as the poster boy for the type of tourist they do not want. \

If a Tourist cannot show that they have insurance that covers motorbikes, SCUBA diving, tree canopy visits, bunji jumping, alcohol poisoning, to name a few, then the government should price such risks and make sure that everyone can get health care. I think they will find that the standard travel insurance does not cover these things

And lets close Thailand down altogether

genuine question: is such an ape guy popular with the local hookers waitresses. i have always wondered what type of farang is considered truly handsome in BG-land.

fat wallet is always handsome,

my mate at 160 kg obese for sure was considered handsome

the ladies figured he could get a gut that big he must have a big

wallet too,

Nathan was holidaying in Phuket on a so-called body improvement programme, reports News.com.au, taking growth hormones and steroids and wooing the local women in his spare time.

The police are obviously in on the motor bike scam but from the photograph, Nathan looks as if he has serious mental as well as financial issues. He should probably try to get a new passport from the Oz embassy and get a private boat to Langkawi, never to return to fantasy land.

All these motorbike rentals that conveniently don't have any insurance for there bikes, of course they do, you cannot get a tax disk without at least the government tax which everybody has to have.

They should make it law that all rental bikes are fully covered including theft and not try and con tourists into paying over inflated price.

Good luck with getting anything more than 3rd class insurance for a bike/scooter under 250cc in Thailand. It doesn't exist. coffee1.gif

Every Honda Click and Fino we have had had 1st class, it was about 4000b a year extra, about 80b a week it was a no brainier to me !!!

The 'roids might have done wonders for his biceps but they've aged him 15 years. I'd tell him to take a good, long, hard look in the mirror but I suspect he does a fair bit of that already.

And done bugger all for the intelligence....

Maybe compulsory travel insurance is needed. As I recall it is mandatory if travelling to the States, or a least it used to be. Maybe the cost of drugs/booze/bar girls is more impgortant Edited by Taffyfromflint

Good luck with getting anything more than 3rd class insurance for a bike/scooter under 250cc in Thailand. It doesn't exist. coffee1.gif

Oh, it does. It comes - or should come - with rental cars, with an excess. Rental bikes meet the same requirements.

genuine question: is such an ape guy popular with the local hookers waitresses. i have always wondered what type of farang is considered truly handsome in BG-land.

Hookers.. and bg.. they like old fat guys with money more knowing they cant preform much in bed and have money. easy money.

As for normal girls I can only say that when i was fat with a pot belly compared to now muscular and lean they prefer the muscular and lean. (got fat in Thailand and lost it and went the other way in space of a 5 years)

The sad truth is, that there are many like him running around in this country and thinking how invincible

they're, until they end up in a mess like this....

and beside, doing steroids and wowing women for what? for cooking together? coz that's all you

really can do with a woman when you do steroids, your sex life is pretty much in the crapper....

How would YOU know ?

Reminds me of a Trainee diving instructor who had a very bad accident on a motor bike, there was a big appeal to raise thousands of pounds to repatriate him, thing was there were claims that he could not get insurance as he was training to be a diving instructor... as a diver myself I know this to be totally untrue.

There are just two many chancres who believe that things will turn out alight in the end.

Most Aussies get medical insurance through purchasing an air ticket on there credit card. I think the article is referring to no bike insurance, which many on here would not have through there hirer either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seeing as many riders do not even have a valid licence... I doubt any insurance will payout on a claim resulting from an accident where the rider had not the correct driving licence.

I was in Phuket and hired a MB and on the contract it said 60k told them this is totally ridiculous got the usual ambivalent Thai response went down the road and got a bike at half that in the contract. Hate to say the obvious, but people need to use their brain a bit and common sense prevails. Its Thai baht but it does translate into USD/AUD/GBP when things turn to shit.

Use your brain...exactly, right on, right to the point. And frankly, if he asked me about renting a bike and he showed me that photo of himself, I'd ask him to demonstrate he can tie a shoelace before I'd do it.

I do not normally generalise however in this case he seems to be a man who not only does NOT think but is also a man for whom life is going to get more and more unpleasant. So without thinking and I feel that this might be a bit difficult for him, in this case he is in the proverbial up to his neck as well as being ill.

Edited by Khun Paul

The sad truth is, that there are many like him running around in this country and thinking how invincible

they're, until they end up in a mess like this....

and beside, doing steroids and wowing women for what? for cooking together? coz that's all you

really can do with a woman when you do steroids, your sex life is pretty much in the crapper....

Not true steroids can lead to impotence, but looking at him he only started so no problem there,

he is still a moron for using them now that everybody knows, he must have a small penis cheesy.gif

'A better solution to start being more restrictive about renting motobikes to short-stayers, too many of which think one of these rentals is a license to drive like a moron.

Edited by hawker9000

I am a little funny when it comes to scooters. I just don't like renting for more than a

few days. So I have one scooter in Phuket, one here in Pattaya, and one in Puerto Galera

Philippines. I just don't want to get bent over by the rental company. But I am a little

funny. tongue.pnglaugh.png