Lies and videotapes: Uninsured Aussie tourist finds himself in hot water

webfact

If the population of much of the world were more informed and did a little research on ''ripoffs in much of Asia as well as the lack of support you can expect when you are screwed, the only tourists you can expect are as ruthless and uncaring as those hosting / making a living from them. Both groups would probably fit the profile of most of the worlds prison populations in many cases.That may be why many long time expats are considered 'grumpy old folks'' as they have experienced the decline in quality of both groups over the years, thus are not trusting or tolerent of many who try to strike up a conversastion.

Maybe it's time for these expats to move to greener pastures like Venezuela, Rwanda or Congo?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is amazing to me how many so called experts pop up here stating misinformation. Stating that the government insurance will pay all your hospital bills is a complete crock of you know what. I had bills of 400,000 baht after an accident on my Kawasaki. I had private insurance and the company told me to claim first with the government, which I did and got 30,000 baht paid within seven days. If another person had been involved it would have been a maximum of 50,000 baht. My private insurance claim is in process, and they will pay for the damage to my bike with a 15,000 baht deductible. The medical will be handled separately and is being processed. So all those people who said you would get nothing from insurance companies in this country are talking out of their rectums.....but there appear to be a lot of those on this forum. Very sad.

I watched that Embassy show the other night and he was in it. His mother borrowed $A6.000,00 and came to his rescue.The Police viewed his video from his Go-Pro and blamed it all on the TukTuk driver so he got his money back.

The Thai mindset seems to be , they are entitled to screw the tourists out of much as quickly as possible. And do it before anyone else gets to take a wack at them.

There seems to be little considersation that individuals and even group tours could have such a good time, they book for a repeat holiday and may even recommend it to friends, who decide to come and experience it themselves.

If the population of much of the world were more informed and did a little research on ''ripoffs in much of Asia as well as the lack of support you can expect when you are screwed, the only tourists you can expect are as ruthless and uncaring as those hosting / making a living from them. Both groups would probably fit the profile of most of the worlds prison populations in many cases.That may be why many long time expats are considered 'grumpy old folks'' as they have experienced the decline in quality of both groups over the years, thus are not trusting or tolerent of many who try to strike up a conversastion.

Well somewhat, but they also screw their own.

They also like the concept that they rent bikes to tourists and put all the risk and liability onto the tourist.

It is what it is. A Thai who has an accident could likely have similar 3rd part liability put onto them. There is also the fact that the tourist signs a contract that details that liability, sometimes without reading it, or it may even be only in Thai. Either way a magnifying glass and a spare hour are required.

I would be interested to know what type of bike this was..... they rent big machines out to tourists here in Pattaya too. It really is time the person renting out had restrictions of contract and own liability, namely he cannot claim more than some fixed deductible in the event of his bike being damaged. Also he forfeits such right of claim if he rents to someone without a valid bike licence and IDP as he is complicit in breaking the law.

Would not matter if he had insurance, the insurance companies do not insure for motor bike accidents especially in Thailand.

It depends on the situation and the extent of the damsges/injuries

I know several people who use big bikes and some policys do cover everything.... Even a police bail charge can be covered by insurance.... But obviously not the cheaper policys...

So the memory card in the go pro was destroyed?

As already mentioned within this topic the guy initially claimed the Go pro was damaged as he had video of himself having sex with bar girls. Embassy told him not to worry, video was shown to police who assessed the Tuk Tuk driver was at fault, fortunately the driver had insurance so the rental agency was paid.

• 3 months later...

That's pretty generous but what does become disabled really mean?

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

Please admit you have no idea what you're stating as a fact and you continue with an inane question to try to deflect your ignorance on the topic.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk