Thailand Elite Visa for 5 years - anyone tried this?

The Thailand Elite Visa for 5 years. You pay 500,000 baht, and it entitles you to 5 years in Thailand. No visa runs necessary, but you have to report every 90 days to your nearest immigration office. It seems a bit strange that this isn't mentioned enough - is it a scam or for real?

(their website is thailandelite.com)

Anyone actually using this visa? Given the way Thailand is going with visas (no more "friends and family" visa), it's looking quite good for me to go for it. I hope it's not a scam....

• Like 1

Can you finance a business on it...?

Do you mean invest in a Thai business? If so you can do that with any permit to stay (visa).

So if one has an Elite card you can finance a business with no probs from immigration...?

Yes you can.

whistling.gif

Yes you cab start a business on such a visa...... but there are no advantages financially in doing that.

You still need to come up with the money to start a business, hire the same required number of Thai employees, pay their Thai social security taxes, etc.

And you still can only own 49 percent of the business.....with a Thai partner or partners holding the 51 percent....the same as any other foreigner starting any business in Thailand.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info guys, and sorry it's been asked before - at least this thread might introduce some people to this not-so-talked-about visa as an option in these days of very strict Thai immigration (loss of the non-immigrant O 'visiting friends and family' visa!).

Edited by TingTawng
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info guys, and sorry it's been asked before - at least this thread might introduce some people to this not-so-talked-about visa as an option in these days of very strict Thai immigration (loss of the non-immigrant O 'visiting friends and family' visa!).

The non-immigrant o visas for visiting spouse or children (family) still exists. Not sure if it was ever issued for visiting friends?

The non-immigrant o visas for visiting spouse or children (family) still exists. Not sure if it was ever issued for visiting friends?
Yes there was a time when you could obtain a non o visa for visiting friends.

If I wished to stay in Pattaya for 3 months I would always state I was visiting my good friend,tick and Pla and Gung and Gai and Poo and Tum and Toon.

Oh well. Guess you could still visit them on a multiple entry visa!

It still seems an expensive option especially given you still have to report every three months to immigration.

I don't think I could part with that sort of money for a visa.

Fortunately I am over 50 .....

Depends how you are staying in Thailand and how you are obtaining the visas you are on.

If you factor in the savings made in time and money versus flying in and out every month to neighbouring countries to get visas, which are only single entry now which increases the number of trips you need to do. Then the 5 year Thailand Elite visa might be a good deal.

For me it wouldn't really be a great deal as I have family living in the region and I like to fly out every 1, 2 or 3 months to visit them. I suppose having the Thai Elite visa would save me from having to bother getting a visa during those trips, so it would save some hassle.

For me by far the better option is a multi Non B visa, so my girlfriend and I are forming a company. That will allow me to get a WP and the visa.

Edited by seancbk

WOW, so no proof of mega dosh in LOS and a number of employees and WP to open a business........?

From some of the complaints I'v read on here... like having to pay an extra 5 Bt. on a Iced Coffee or a bunch of bananas.....some might call 500,000Bt. "mega dosh".

It still seems an expensive option especially given you still have to report every three months to immigration.

I don't think I could part with that sort of money for a visa.

Fortunately I am over 50 .....

Depends how you are staying in Thailand and how you are obtaining the visas you are on.

If you factor in the savings made in time and money versus flying in and out every month to neighbouring countries to get visas, which are only single entry now which increases the number of trips you need to do. Then the 5 year Thailand Elite visa might be a good deal.

For me it wouldn't really be a great deal as I have family living in the region and I like to fly out every 1, 2 or 3 months to visit them. I suppose having the Thai Elite visa would save me from having to bother getting a visa during those trips, so it would save some hassle.

For me by far the better option is a multi Non B visa, so my girlfriend and I are forming a company. That will allow me to get a WP and the visa.

Well I guess if money is no object and you are young and you really want to stay in Thailand all the time it might be an option.

I come in and out of Thailand many times a year and probably spend about half the year all up and I just use a mixture of tourist visas and entry visas. Never had a problem with it.

I did have a retirement visa at one stage but I get bored of Thailand and like to go back home so I maintain a house in Oz and in Thailand. That way I get the best of both worlds.

I have many Oz friends who do exactly the same thing. I really reckon it is the better option that way you don't get so jaded and Thailand somewhat maintains its allure. I guess living in Oz makes it easy because it is also pretty close only 6 hours from Perth for me.

• Like 1

And it was mentioned that by luck or coincidence or by design, I think when you get the last 1 year extension you can actually have 6 years total in country time. But I defer to the experts

If you buy the TE visa and don't renew at the end of 5 years the membership benefits end. However, if you re-enter the country or apply for an extension of stay, just before the visa expires, at the end of 5 years, you will receive a new 1 year permit to stay giving you a total of nearly 6 years.

I miss the heated conversations of the past between Thailand Elite haters and Thailand Elite members...

It seems that by now (after years of discussions) everybody agrees that Thailand Elite is the easiest way to spend time in Thailand (at a fee).

It is indeed :)

For those who still are undecided about enrolling into this program or not, I would advise not to wait too long.

500,000 for the Easy Access card (5 years) is quite a bargain.

I would not be surprised to see the fee go up soon. Or maybe an annual fee will be added...

Just my opinion, of course...

• Like 1

I guess if you want to spend the money, it makes sense -- but the 90 day reporting requirement seems to take the fun out of it. so you either leave the country every 90 days or do the immigration office thing. lots of other kinds of visas that can get you the same advantage or disadvantage without the 500k large investment.