Solution for Difficulty in Extending Travel Insurance Within Thailand

POMCHOB

Hi,

I'm from the UK ,If like myself your travel plans change, my Travel Insurance Policy was for a total of 75 days i purchased in the UK for Thailand.When i spoke to my Insurance company in the UK they explained the Policy could only be extended for a Maximum of 95 days in any one period of travel and i would have to return to the UK to purchase a New Policy starting my journey again from the UK and returning to the UK for it to be valid.

They would only provide an extension of 20 extra days cover in Thailand making the total of my Maximum 95 days completed. I wanted an Extra 75 days so this wasn't an option for me.So i couldn't get an extension above 95 days.What i I recommend instead is

a new Policy like i have recently purchased from Thailand.

So if anyone else like myself has this situation and would like to stay longer in Thailand and who requires a new Travel Insurance policy i would suggest purchasing an Inbound Travel Insurance Policy from a quote from a Broker in Thailand , as there are many licensed agents, just leave Thailand and as soon as you return back into the country contact the Insurance Agent or Broker Send Email scans of your Passport details and Visa Stamps showing proof of departing and arriving back into the country to the Insurance Agent Broker and copy's of Payment Bank Transfer ,Visa or Credit Card, just after you return from the Border as you only have 48 hours to make the purchase for Inbound Travel Insurance from returning to Thailand.

Most good Insurance companies in Thailand would be able to provide a list of their licensed Broker/Agents in the Area on request.

Good Luck

POMCHOB

Edited by POMCHOB

Hi,

Before doing anything, contact Pacific Cross as I always do. They speak English and their advice is impartial, accurate and constructive.

+66 2 401 9189

[email protected]

My Post was impartial as i didn't mention any other insurance companies

it was just to advise anyone in Thailand on a solution to getting Inbound Insurance by way of leaving the country and returning.

Maybe you should start your own topic.

POMCHOB